𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫

▶️ saviour complex - phoebe bridgers

xiii. WHEN A TRIBUTE BECOMES A VICTOR

~~~

THEA REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO think when she looked up at the sound of the gasp. She felt every muscle in her body charge with electricity, surge with anger. Just like Amethyst, Sage Irvine, the boy who had been in love with Thea his entire life had an arrow sticking out of his chest. Blood trickled down with the rain. He looked up at the girl with wide eyes, his hands rushing to his wound. "NO!" Thea's voice was throaty as she saw what had happened.

Almost immediately, Thea caught sight of the girl who had been crouching down behind a wall, a bow glued to her hand. Thea grabbed her trident with so much fury she almost reopened the scab that covered her wound. Rashly, Thea sprinted at full force towards the girl who now had her eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. The rain had slightly blurred Thea's vision, as did the anger, but she didn't let it stop her from fixating on Six who was now running in the opposite direction, firing arrows when she could. Each arrow flew at the redhead with such speed, but it didn't compare to the speed at which Thea deflected them. Getting a clear visual on the girl, she wasted no time heaving her trident right at the girl, but she ducked, letting the weapon slide further away from the two. The girl had stopped, nocking an arrow into the bow before releasing it.

It had just about missed Thea, but in the time it took the girl to equip the arrow, Thea could catch up to her. She stumbled into her waist at full-force, knocking her off balance before rolling around in the mud. The girl from Six was strong, but Thea would beg to think she was stronger. The redhead punched the girl before tightening the grasp around her throat. Her airway was constricted at the wrath of Thea but Six was really giving her a hard time, she managed to roll out from under her before rushing to stand up, wasting no time to kick her in the abdomen, reaching for a knife in her pocket. Thea groaned before grabbing the girl's foot and standing up. The knife flew out of Six's hand, giving Thea the opportunity to kick it away into a puddle nearby. She punched the girl in the face repeatedly until she fell back onto the floor. With each and every punch, she channeled the anger of what she did to Sage. It would always come full circle. Even when you least expect it to. Boom. Thirteen.

That's when Thea raced back to Ash and Sage, not bothering to get her weapon or steal off Six. She stumbled, courtesy of the kick to the abdomen. The younger boy had crouched beside Sage, helping him rest his head against the patch of grass. Thea felt tears spring into her eyes, varnishing them in an eternal gloss of pain. "No, no, no. Sage, your not dying!" she lightly slapped his cheeks in hopes of keeping him awake as her reassurance came out more aggressively than intended. He reached for her hand, squeezing it ever so lightly as if she were the fragile one in this situation. "I-I have loved you, for so long, T-T-Thea. I still do. And I will continue to, even if I'm not with you," tears spilled down the sides of his face as he looked at the girl who cried along with him. One minute he was sitting there, just trying to stay warm, and the next he was shot down with an arrow.