𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

▶️ storms - fleetwood mac

xii. STUPID MOVE. APPLY GENEROUSLY AND STAY ALIVE

~~~~

WAKING UP IN THE ARMS OF SAGE IRVINE was an odd experience, though it was necessary for survival. If they started a fire, they would be dead before dawn and so the next best answer for warmth was huddling in close. Thea was positioned between Sage and Ash as she awakened into a new day, surprised she was still alive. She had a knife thrown into her thigh, just about missing her femoral artery, her ally tried to strangle her whilst everyone was sleeping and Thea was on some kind of drug, she was almost consumed by a sandstorm and the cherry on top, just yesterday did she almost drown in the familiar comfort of the water. So yeah, Thea was pretty confident that death was scared of her.

Another odd experience was seeing Ambrose Navarro projected with the Fallen. It stirred something up within her, knowing that Achilles was alive and probably out to kill her. She figured he either died in the sandstorm or in the forest fires. There were so many things happening in that arena yesterday, she wouldn't be surprised if he just offed himself before the game-makers could. Thea went to tie her hair up with the rubber band on her wrist, only just remembering that she cut the majority of her hair off and it was now drowning in the saltwater where Thea nearly met her demise.

Ash was already up, sharpening his machete with a rock. "Hey," he smiled, turning to face the redhead. Thea was baffled at how much this boy reminded her of her brother. And each time Aster crosses her mind, she places a hand on the necklace he made for her. It was a reminder as to what she was fighting for and what was waiting for her when she got home. "Hey," Thea grinned from ear to ear at the boy. She had grown to love him like a brother in the last twenty-four hours, learning almost everything about him and his life back home.

Ash continued to polish and sharpen his machete in front of him, "Sorry if I woke you," Thea realised he was pretty mature for his age, yet he still had a youthful aura that really struck her like a lightning bolt. How could people put twelve year olds in an arena with eighteen-year olds and expect them to come out alive? How is that fair? "No, no. I- uh my mind has just been speeding around at a hundred miles per-hour recently. Meaning I'm a light-sleeper," she assured the boy he didn't wake her before she proceeded to place her trident in her lap like a seat-belt.

From where the two sat, the ruins covered the view of the Cornucopia, though through archways and broken columns, she could see the lake's tide ripple to and away from the rocks. It was where she almost drowned but whenever she saw water, she didn't want that to be the only thing she could think of. Thea wanted to think of water and see her running with Alex while their mother called them back home for dinner, she wanted to think of her spars with Finnick on the beach whilst the water seeped into their toes, making her feel like she was walking on water, she wanted to think of everything that came with District Four, not the one time a girl from Twelve tried to drown her in an arena.