𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

▶️ la lecon particuliere - christian gaubert

xxxiii. FOR HER FREEDOM
~~~~~

A TOP SECRET MEETING WITH A MOST LIKELY DRUNKEN HAYMITCH HAYMITCH AND A SMITTEN FINNICK ON THE ROOF THE NIGHT BEFORE THE GAMES, MIGHTVE BEEN THE WEIRDEST THING THEA'S EVER DONE. She was praying that it wouldn't be an impromptu threesome because Haymitch was notorious for his drunk orgies .
The roof of the building was calming— the wind caressing her cheek, the darkness of the night. Thea was in awe; she always loved nighttime. As scary as some may find it, Thea found a solace in it.

"Hey there chums," Haymitch patted Finnick's shoulder, addressing the two as he emerged from the stairwell. He looked sober. Weird, right? She gauged by the fact that he was sober, meant this was relatively important and no such promiscuity would be committed.
"Haymitch," Thea nodded, her brows furrowed. He grinned at the girl, going to reach for a flask in his jacket pocket but he soon pat it, realizing it wasn't there.
"Now, I've gathered the two of you here alone so in that arena tomorrow Katniss knows she can trust you. Peeta, I'm not to worried about, he'll do whatever Katniss does," he trailed off. Finnick crossed his arms as the wind caught up to him. "And what are we doing here exactly?"

"Giving you these..." Haymitch handed over two golden bangles, the two receiving one each. Finnick toyed with it, scrutinizing it whereas Thea was hesitant to even take it from Haymitch at all. "Bracelets?" she scoffed. Thea could've been sleeping, or eating, or showering. Quite literally anything else productive with her time and yet she stands on the roof getting a bracelet from Haymitch.
"Katniss will see you wearing it and she'll know it's from me and that I've done all the friend making for her. She didn't want you guys but I do. So..." Haymitch clicked his teeth with a wink. Thea finally took the bangle from his hands, twisting it and examining it.
The redhead and the sandy-haired man looked between each other and the bangles. Haymitch waved as he slowly retreated "Arrivederci," and the door on the roof shut.
"Well that was weird," Finnick laughed. Thea managed to let out a little sigh of a laugh but she kept her eyes fixed on the bracelet. "Katniss didn't want us," she thought, "Therefore she would've tried to kill us, or will try to kill us," Thea pondered at the idea. Her life most likely would be ending tomorrow and she was standing on a roof with Finnick, twisting jewelers in her palm.

"Uhh Thea. So. We're going into the arena tomorrow and I most likely won't see you until we're actually in the arena..." he gushed thoughtfully and the girl tilted her head in intrigue. Thea noticed Finnick was in a weird state of mind recently. He's been flirty but oblivious. Optimistic but terrified. She admired that about him. "And I just want you to know that the uh- the poem..."

And Thea knew damn well where this was going. Laughter bubbled in her throat as her head dipped. It was like the winds picked up speed, the sky darkened but the stars glistened brighter than before. The world had gone silent and it was just Thea and Finnick on that rooftop. "It was about you," was all he said.