{7} strawberries and cigarettes

🥀

"Do you come here often?" Taehyung asked in a soft tone as the two made their way to sit on a bench nearby, staring intently at the lake beyond.

"Yeah, mainly to relax. Today I decided to do some photography though." Jungkook responded, settling down the camera on the bench, taking up the little space between them.

"You're quite good at it too. Is that an old hobby?"

"Thank you. I've been doing this since I was thirteen. I really enjoy taking pictures of nature, it's calming in a weird sense."

Taehyung could very well notice a pair of glasses being highlighted in his jacket's pocket as he spoke. He sometimes hated how he perceived things and felt almost guilty.

"You are really a walking pinterest dude."

Jungkook couldn't really help but break into a fit of laughter at that. He had never been called that his entire life. It was strangely random but awfully accurate and he appreciated the observation behind it.

"You know, you're an interesting person to be with. I'm glad that we keep stumbling upon each other."

Jungkook stared at the elder for a good minute, the way he spoke couldn't be a plain lie or something made up. He really meant it and it could be easily sensed.

"Oh and also..." Taehyung dug into his pockets and pulled out the spectacles case which carried the glasses in them, given to him by Jungkook. Without much delay, he handed them over to the boy who seemed to be slightly confused at the sudden return.

"Can I ask you something, Mr. Kim?" The younger muttered as he silently kept the case aside, not bothering to even check it. There was a tinge of sadness in his voice, something that couldn't be overlooked.

"Go ahead."

"You don't trust me yet, do you?"

Despite knowing that this question would be thrown at him sometime soon, the elder was still caught slightly off guard. It wouldn't have been a problem if he was having suspicions about a random potential witness. This person, however, was not so distant. Everything became sensitive whenever it came to him because he was also a recent part of Taehyung's personal life.

The long silence, the heartbreaking pause couldn't settle well with Jungkook. A disheartened smile made way to the younger's lips as he continued to stare down at his lap. What could he have expected?

"Do you know what's the worst fear for a detective while solving a case?" Taehyung asked out of the blue and posed another question in response to Jungkook's.

"What?"

"They don't want a close one or a possible close one to be involved in it."

"We're not even close yet.." Jungkook let out a small chuckle. Anybody could tell how upsetting it sounded. And Taehyung disliked that to the core.

Just then, the audible siren of a police car could be heard. Everybody around them, including the duo tensed up at the sound. Taehyung got up from the spot, followed by Jungkook and started to look around to figure out what the chaos was about. It didn't go unnoticed by him that the younger's instinct at this unusual sound was to just clutch onto his camera as soon as possible. Cute.