{24} threat resumed

🥀

🥀

|one month ago|
|2:30 AM|

Dr. Jung woke up from his sleep. Something was unsettling. Actually, he hadn't been sleeping for the past few hours. Just pretending and assuring himself that he was. He was anxious. He knew he would meet Taehyung the next day but something within him stirred him relentlessly. As if, his instincts were telling him that he shouldn't be gatekeeping this anymore.

The reason for his uneasiness was the noise that had interrupted him a few minutes back. It was a simple sound, as if somebody's footsteps, resounding from his balcony. Hoseok knew that he had to bring out the smartest side of his. It could be nothing but it could also leave him with nothing.

He looked around to find nobody. The curtains were hiding the giant glass and the view of the balcony and Hoseok was glad. Very discreetly, he took his phone and looked for the only person he had wished to contact at the moment. Within a few seconds, the call was answered.

"Hello, Taehyung."

"Hey, hyung. Why are you calling this late? All good?" Taehyung spoke through the blaring music of Happy Hour as he answered. He was on his way to Jeon Wonwoo's secret room and about to have the very first encounter with him.
"Sorry if the music is too loud. I'm at a bar trying to figure some shit." He apologized right after.

"No, it's fine. Can you hear me well?"

"Yes, yes."

"Look, I have something that could be a potential evidence for Il-han's case."

"Wait really? Why didn't you put it in the forensic report then?"

"I couldn't. It is actually a strand of hair that was found on Il-han's forehead. Since the hair colour and everything matched, it was dismissed as the deceased hair. But I personally didn't think so, which is why I tried to match Il-han's hair sample with it. Heck, even his mother's just in case. "

"So what did you find out?"

"The results are out. It did not match. The report is in the lab. But I've hidden it in a way that nobody knows."

"Are you deciding to share that with me?"

"Yeah, I feel like you're the only one who can be trusted."

"Aww, I feel flattered. I really need to talk to you from time to time to feel good."

"Sure."

"Wait but something's been bothering me. Why are you talking in whispers?"

Hoseok paused for a good second. Looked around yet again to see nobody as he continued,
"I feel like I'm being watched."