{22} trust testing

🥀

🥀

Taehyung was surprised. He didn't want to deny. Nor did he want to seem completely down for it. Jungkook, on the other hand, grew tense at the lack of response.

"It's fine actually. If you're not comfortable-"

"No. You can stay over at mine, no worries."

Taehyung finished off the awkward talk and started to drive right away, not meeting the younger's gaze at all. He simply drove as fast as he could, trying to focus on the road ahead. His mind has almost started to malfunction. Goodness, he hated this so much. It was completely unfair to the foreign feelings lingering in his heart.

Jungkook took off his glasses for the sake of comfort and did not talk at all throughout the way. Consciously and quietly, he decided to keep to himself. He didn't seem very enthusiastic about anything either. Rather, he looked as if he was in some deep thought.

🥀

Why. Why was the world such a terrible place? Taehyung was still showering, trying to get his mind off of the pretty boy in his house. While one part of his mind was ridiculously giddy and couldn't think straight.

The other side was relentlessly telling him to check up on the boy to see if he wasn't looking around for odd and suspicious things. Maybe he had ulterior motives of being here, maybe he wanted to look around to know something, maybe he discovered about Taehyung's secret in the closet...and so, the elder stepped out of the shower in a frenzy. He wrapped a towel across his waist and walked out with water dripping down his hair and upper body.

As expected, Jungkook wasn't where he was ten minutes ago.

Taehyung was maddened. Some bit of it was centered towards Jungkook while some of it also corresponded to his own self. The anger aggravated when he saw the younger stepping out of the closet. The sight of the boy in his hoodie and his sweatpants didn't enrage him though.

Jungkook as quite literally speechless at the sight of Taehyung. After all, he looked heavenly. Tousled raven hair, torso dripping wet; what a dream he was. The anger on his face, even though Jungkook could figure out the disappointing reason, made him hotter.

"Are you mad I took the clothes myself?"

"Really, Jungkook?" Taehyung walked closer to the younger, hot breath lingering the obstinate amount of space in between.

Jungkook gulped, stepping back and bumping into the wall. His eyes darted towards the ground instinctively, afraid to make eye contact. The overly intimidating body of Taehyung hovering over him, slight inches away was enough to make him a nervous wreck.