headphones

(a/n: some of this is based on something I did in real life. this is also an autistic reader one shot!! I am autistic and this is based on how I deal with sensory issues :) I was inspired by LANA-ASF and their Yungblud one shot. hope you guys understand and enjoy reading!!)

H/C - hair colour
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaege's POV

I followed Eddie and Narrator as they explained to the camera what we were filming. We were doing a coffee taste test and we were heading to our first place when I heard a thud, making me look to my left. I saw a H/C haired girl lying on the ground.

"Are you okay?!" I went to help her up. "Ouch..." I saw a red mark form on her knee. Then I heard her gasp. "No, no, no..." She sat down and I saw that the headphones she was once wearing were now broken on one side. "Hey, hey, hey...are you okay?" I heard her squeak before she looked up at me. Well, she looked up and then looked away from me. "I-I'm sorry, it's just that...I have autism...and I use my headphones to block out sound..." She jumped as some children ran past us screaming.

"And...everything- I can't-" She put her hood up and covered her ears. I took off my headphones that were wrapped around my neck. "You can have mine..." I heard her gasp. "Are you sure?" "I'm sure! I can always get a new pair." "Thanks, um..." "Gaege." "Thank you, Gaege." She put the headphones on and I saw her start to relax. "Better?" "Mhm!" She nodded.

"Let me help you up..." As I grabbed her hand and helped her up, I heard her cry out in pain. "Knee's hurting..." She whimpered, resting her head on my shoulder. "Hold on tight." She stared at me confused and wrapped her arms around my neck. I then picked her up, one arm under her legs and one on her back. "Oh, I didn't get your name, sweetheart." I could've sworn I saw her blush. "Oh, um..." She pointed to a patch on her hoodie.

Y/N L/N.

"I'll carry you home, Y/N." "Thank you..." My heart melted as she snuggled up to me.

SHORT TIMESKIP...

I watched as Y/N struggled to unlock her front door. "God damnit..." She threw her keys on the ground before picking them up and trying again, eventually unlocking the door. "Do you want me to come in?" "What about your friends?" She sat down on the sofa and picked up a fidget cube from her coffee table. I sent a text to Eddie saying to cancel filming and to reschedule it for another day.

"Sorted them out." I sat next to her. "How's your leg?" "Really hurts..." I saw the red mark on her leg turn into a massive bruise. "Is it okay if I do something real quick?" Y/N nodded and I leant down and kissed her knee, making her squeak and blush.

"Feeling better?" "Yeah." I watched her jump as I heard some cars speed past her house. "Hey, it's okay..." I gently squeezed her hand. "Look at me, Y/N..." She nervously looked up at me. "It's going to be alright..." Then she hugged me tight. "Thank you, Gaege..." I hugged her back. "You're welcome..."

(a/n: yes, I really did fall over and break my headphones ;-;)