Chapter 28 - Valentines Day Pt. 2

A/n: May include titanic spoilers, but then again, I'm pretty sure everyone's heard this argument at least once in their life.

_____________________

Chapter 28

February 14, Sunday

Dylan's POV

I was going to do it. I was going to propose to Sienna with a promise ring.

At around noon, after my parents had left the house to go celebrate Valentine's day together, I immediately went over to the love of my life's house so she and I could have the perfect day together (which was just a bunch of at-home activities I have planned to do with her).

I rang her doorbell, which led to a set of footsteps coming closer to the door before it swung open, revealing Sienna's parents. "Hi Dylan-- I'm assuming you're picking up Sienna?" Mrs. Miller started asking, holding hands with her husband.

I nodded in response, smiling up at the woman. After Sienna introduced me to her parents, they've been so nice and treated me as if I was family as well. Mr. Miller would make these warning jokes from time to time, but it's all good fun.

"Well, perfect timing, we're just about to leave-" The woman continued saying, returning the smile. "--Sienna sweetie, your boyfriend's here!"

As the couple walked down the steps, Mr. Miller turned around again, saying, "Have fun-- but not too much fun." chuckling to himself before they both left.

And as if on queue, the most beautiful girl appeared in front of me, going on her toes to give me a peck on the lips. "Hey sweetheart, ready to go?" I quizzed, while she only nodded excitedly before taking my arm.

Time skip

"No! How dare you?" Sienna jokingly yelled out as I've just overtook her in the video game we were playing. She went to grab my controller, though I only scooted away from the girl, not taking my eyes off the TV screen for even a second.

"Hah! And I've won!" I screeched, a howling laughter escaping my lips as I saw the playful scowl that masked my girlfriend's face. "You're cheating." Sienna stated, leading to me furrowing my eyebrows. "How could I have cheated?"

Sienna huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I don't know-- but you just did!"

Time skip

"I won again-- and you lost again!" Sienna said in a sing-song voice, jumping up from where she sat on the couch to do her little victory dance. I've always loved seeing her so happy, it just made me happy.

"Are you going to finally admit defeat?" She quizzed in a faux British accent, deepening her voice as she set her hands on her hips; putting on a fake serious look. "Absolutely not-- I refuse to admit that you're better at 'Four In A Row' than me." I replied, playfully glaring at her.

I may have already lost a bazillion times, but c'mon-- I've got to win at least once.

Time skip

"I refuse to believe Jack couldn't fit on that door-- like c'mon, it's big as frick." Sienna squealed out, munching on popcorn as we cuddled on the couch. We have both watched 'Titanic' a lot of times in the past, but it just never gets old.

"Well, they actually had this interview that explained it would've been impossible for both Jack and Rose to fit on the boat-- so technically, you're wrong." I argued, chuckling at Sienna's fake mad-face.

"Well Rose could've scooted a little bit-- I'm just saying." The girl then muttered.

Time skip

After hours of just having plain fun, it has finally gotten to dinner time. Sienna offered to order takeout-- but I argued that it would be much more romantic if we cooked a meal together; though the only reason I wanted that was so I could sneak the ring I bought into her food.

I know it's a really cliché way to propose-- but I want to... surprise her-- leave her shocked at what I've just done; and this is the only thing I could think of to do.

And honestly, my love for her is just... indescribable. I wanted to marry her right at that moment. And technically, I could marry her if I wanted to since we were both eighteen-- but I had to consider that she might not want to marry so young.

I wanted to tell her in some way that I think I have found my one and only, and that I didn't want to keep looking because the love she and I shared is the only love I want to feel for the rest of my life.

Sienna made me feel a certain type of way, a way that I wouldn't be able to replace with anyone in the world, even if I tried. Which is why I thought of this idea to symbolise our bond in a physical way.

_____________________

784 words