15) the SATs

"There are three things we do alone we are born we die and if we're a high school junior headed for college we take the SATs and while the test is said to measure our best traits preparing for it inevitably brings out the worst humility becomes self-doubt striving becomes obsession some are driven to self-medication while others cling to the security of being part of a group and anyone who's used to bending the rules will find themselves breaking them" Gossip Girl's post said.

Mia was with Blair and Serena sitting with them as they practiced for the SATs. "Twenty-two hundred fair" Blair said.

"It's 90th percentile" Serena said. "You can always improve" Mia said. "Which means Nelly Yuki probably got 2300" Blair said. "You don't even talk to her" Serena said. "Why do you care how she does" Serena asked. 

"Nelly Yuki has her sights set on Yale too" Blair said. "What are the odds of them accepting two girls from Constance and have you seen Nelly Yuki's extra curriculars" Blair asked. 

"I need to kick her well rounded butt" Blair said. "That's my girl" Mia said. "And they say you've lost your edge" Serena said.

"Nelly Yuki must be destroyed" Blair said. "Why do you keep saying her name" Serena asked.  "Because it's Nelly Yuki" Blair said. "And you're Blair Waldorf" Mia said.

"Eww gross incoming Chuck" Blair said. "You ready" Blair asked. "No, I gotta wait for Dan he's pretty stressed he doesn't do well with tests so" Serena said.

"Performance anxiety" Blair asked. "Bye Blair" Serena said. "Come on Mia" Blair said, and she and Mia left.

>>>

Mia walked into the diner where Vanessa worked with Nate hoping to help him with the SATs. "Hey" Nate said. "Vanessa" Vanessa said. "You're Nate right" Vanessa asked.

"That be him my best friend" Mia said. "You play a very small but crucial role in my video project" Vanessa said and Nate and Mia looked.

"Oh, that's right I remember you following Dan around with your video camera" Nate said and Dan came over. "Hey Nate, Mia" Dan said. "What are you doing here" Dan asked. 

"I mean I know the coffee's good" Dan said. "Wouldn't know I hate coffee" Mia said. "Since I've taken every SAT prep and review class in the five boroughs, I figured why not pay it forward" Nate said.

"So, you don't need these" Dan asked. "You know I've actually already taken it and my parents don't want me going to USCs" Nate said.

"Parents of the year" Mia said. "So, I had to make sure my scores were good enough to get in without their help which thanks to these books they were so I'm done" Nate said.

"While we all love hearing about the struggles of the idle rich Dan's got a fine tutor right here, I ace every practice test I take so we don't need your hand me downs" Vanessa said.

"Rude much" Mia asked. "If you want to keep being on my good list, I would be extra nice right now" Mia said.

"Um you know what this is actually pretty good this looks good thank you" Dan said.

"Is there a reason you insist on looking so desperate and needy" Vanessa asked and Mia was about to tackle her.

Nate saw and quickly held Mia back. "She's been like that since we were kids venomous without provocation" Dan said. "It's better than being a charity case" Vanessa said. 

"She's rude too" Dan said. "Clearly let me go and I'll show her how mean I can be" Mia said.

"I see that yeah uh well I gotta get going probably try to calm Mia down, but I hope these are useful" Nate said. "Oh yeah, yeah very" Dan said.

"That's all" Nate said letting Mia go leading her out. "Thank you" Dan said and Mia and Nate left.

>>>

Mia walked in the room after Chuck got off the phone with Dan. "What's going on" Mia asked. "Nothing to worry about I got it taken care of" Chuck said.

You know she doesn't like it when you call her your sister" Mia said.

"She'll be alright" Chuck said. "If you say so" Mia said. "I'm your big brother just trust me" Chuck said.

"Sure, if you don't make it hard not to" Mia said. "Okay fine I have to go pick up Serena" Chuck said and left.

>>>

Mia was with Blair at the school getting ready to take the SATs and they couldn't find Serena. Blair and Mia saw Dan and went to him.

"Dan where's Serena" Blair asked Dan. "We haven't seen her all day" Mia said.

"Uh I don't know but I bet Chuck does" Dan said. "Watch the attitude towards my brother" Mia said. 

"Ugh well I'll try to save a seat for her" Blair said. "Yeah, I'll keep calling" Dan said and Blair and Mia left.

>>>

Dan, Blair, and Mia left the building after taking the SATs. "How'd you do" Blair asked Dan. "Uh not my finest hour I finished but I kinda had a lot on my mind" Dan said.

"I'll keep calling" Blair said. "Yeah, I think I know where to find her" Dan said. "Hey S its B now I'm really worried I'm gonna go home and change and give Mia a spare outfit and then" Blair said and saw Nate with Vanessa.

Mia was confused and looked to see what she was staring at, and she wished she hadn't. "I'll go change and meet you at your place" Mia said and quickly left.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.