18) The Age of Dissonance

"On the upper east side all the world's a stage and the men and women merely players but once a year Constance St Jude's students shed their usual roles and take on the new ones for the senior class play this year's pick The Age of innocence before Gossip Girl there was Edith Wharton and how little has changed the same society snobs still reigned only in corsets and horse drawn carriages" Gossip Girl's post said.

"When I saw The Age of Innocence with daddy, I always pictured myself as Winona but playing the stronger more emotionally complex female lead just feels so right Dorota hairpin" Blair said.

Dorota gave Blair her hairpin. "Besides you're so more suited to play May who's so pretty" Blair told Serena.

"Uh thanks" Serena said. "At last, my life is perfect my only problem how to relate to my character Countress Olenska is a ruined woman with no prospects and let's face it I have the world on a string of course there is the odious task of posting opposite Dan Humphrey, Dorota enough" Blair said.

"How are you two BTW" Blair asked Serena. "Blair leave her be it's probably still hard" Mia said.

"I don't know I'm just trying not to think of him distracting myself with other distractions" Serena said.

"You mean your crush on our director" Blair said. "Julian is kind of amazing isn't he do you know that he directed" Serena asked when Blair interrupted.

"Bogosian off Broadway in his last year of Juilliard blah, blah, blah you can always depend on Constance to snare some wunderkind" Blair said.

"But really S aren't you sick of brooding artists" Blair asked. "Well, he broads in the sexiest way" Serena Swiss. "Ew gross" Mia said. "That is when he's not looking right through me" Serena said.

"That's a man for you" Mia said. "My life is so bountiful I don't need a boyfriend to feel fulfilled" Blair said.

"Aah oh my god come look at this" Nelly said. "But I do need silence to emotionally prepare for the stage" Blair said. "Let's see what it is" Mia said and she and Blair went to the minions.

"What are you clucking about" Blair asked. "Nelly just got in early to Yale" Isobel said.

"Uh that's impossible Yale only accepts one Constance student early, a year and that's me" Blair said.

"She just got an email directly from Dean Berube" Penelope said. Nelly shown Blair the message and Blair took the phone and looked at it. "Blair" Moa said.

"I have to find Headmistress Quelller" Blair said giving Nelly her phone back before leaving. "Way to go guys" Mia said to the minions.

>>>

Nate walked up to Mia while she was making sure everything was right for the play. "You look beautiful" Nate said and Mia faced him.

"Thanks Nate" Mia said. "I can't believe you managed to talk your way out of the play by helping direct" Nate said. "Yeah, well I'm a Bass I have my ways" Mia said and she and Nate both laughed.

"Good luck out there" Mia said to Nate. "Thanks that means a lot coming from you" Nate said and smiled with Mia doing the same.

>>>

Mia was backstage with Blair and Dorota hoping to cheer Blair up after what happened with Nelly and Gossip Girl.

"I've lost everything I'm humiliated and shunned they've made me a flesh and blood Countess Olenska" Blair said. "You are an actress pour it into the role use pain onstage" Dorota said.

"And remember you'll always have us" Mia said. "You're right I'm an actress no I'm a sequel" Blair said and Serena walked in going to Blair.

"No, you're a shameless witch" Serena said. "Now what" Blair asked facing Serena.

"Everything you've done spreading rumors about who I've had sex with what alley I puked in or telling Dean Berube that I killed Pete Fairman I forgave everything all because I thought one day you'd grow up but putting out a Gossip Girl blast about Yale and the press release" Serena said.

"Serena, I didn't put out the blast" Blair said. "At least have the divinity to" Serena started to say when Mia interrupted.

"Serena walk away now before I send you to the hospital" Mia said. "The only people who knew is her and Dan" Serena said. "I don't care now get out of my face" Mia said and Serena left.

"I didn't do it Dorota, Mia" Blair said. "I believe you Miss Blair" Dorota said.

"We both do" Mia said. "And if I didn't that means Dan Humphrey did Vanessa told him about Marcus, and he could've put that out too all to get back at me for teacher gate" Blair said.

"Do you know how hard it is to get revenge when your enemy is changing every five minutes" Blair asked.

"You need to calm nerves and warm vocal cord" Dorota said. "You want tea" Dorota asked. "No, I want Dan Humphrey's head on a platter" Blair said.

>>>

After the play Mia was waiting for her limo to head home when Nate walked up to her.

"Hey" Nate said. "Hey some play" Mia said. "Yeah, it was something" Nate said. "You could say that again" Mia said.

"You, heading home" Nate asked. "Yeah, just waiting for my limo" Mia said. "You wanna come over" Nate asked. "I can't besides I rather not be a third wheel with you and Vanessa" Mia said.

"Next time" Nate asked. "Yeah, see you then" Mia said and her limo pulled up.

Mia smiled at Nate before getting in the limo. "Mia, wait I think I'm" Nate said but the limo took off. "Falling in love with you" Nate said.

>>>

Serena found Blair at the bar and went to her sitting down next to her. "I know that was Rachel that sent the Gossip Girl blast I'm sorry I didn't believe you" Serena said.

"Why would you" Blair asked. "What do you mean" Serena asked. "Believe me nine times out of ten I would have sent the blast like you said betrayal's, in my nature" Blair said.

"I didn't mean this" Serena said. "Spare me Serena I don't need a stirring speech telling me what a good person I am, I know I'm not the only good thing I have left is Mia, Yale kicking me out is the karma I've earned" Blair said.

"Blair" Serena said. "Could you please leave" Blair asked. "I want to be alone" Blair said.

Serena grabbed her purse and got up. "You're still my best friend" Serena said and left.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.