19) The Grandfather

"Springtime on the upper east side where the winter chill is supposed to be so last season but when mittens and scarves are still all the rage the best thing you can do is just button up and hope for warmer days" Gossip Girl's post said.

Mia was helping Serena look for her phone when Chuck came in. "Hello sweetheart" Chuck said and Mia took the phone from him.

"Not cool bro" Mia said. "Chuck, I have been looking for my phone all morning" Serena said.

"I was checking to see if Blair changed her number" Chuck said. "Why didn't you just use my phone" Mia asked and Chuck ignored her question.

"Well if she's not calling you back you should probably take the hint" Serena said.

"I went to see her last week she never came home it's not like our girl to be out all night I know something's going on this is more than her having her dirty laundry aired on Gossip Girl" Chuck said.

"Just tell him before I do" Mia told Serena. "She um she got rejected by Yale" Serena told Chuck.

"The only thing she wanted more than me that would be painful" Chuck said. "Chuck she's embarrassed so we just need to give her some time to lick her wounds" Serena said.

"Maybe I can lick them for her" Chuck said. "Okay, am I invisible or something" Mia asked.

"Cause you do that all the time with me in the room" Mia said. "Can you not be gross for five seconds or at least not say things like that with me in the room" Mia asked.

"I'm your sister I don't need to hear all of that" Mia said and Chuck left the room with Mia while Serena tried to call Blair.

>>>

Vanessa and Dan called Mia over to Nate's filling her in hoping to get her to persuade Nate to go to his reunion knowing if they couldn't get Nate to listen to them, he would listen to her. 

"I figured out the split screen alright now we can watch all four games at once" Nate said coming in the room. "Mia" Nate said once he noticed her.

"What are you doing here" Nate asked. "You know what doesn't matter the more the merrier" Nate said and sat down on the couch. "What we're you guys talking about" Nate asked noticing they were quiet.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go to your family reunion" Vanessa asked.

"We know they weren't cool to you and your mom, but I mean it seems like your cousin is trying to make up for it" Dan said.

"Yeah, well unless he's armed with an engraved apology from my grandfather I do not care" Nate said. "Nate their making an effort" Vanessa said sitting down.

"Yeah, sure their making an effort now" Nate said. "But where were they when we needed them" Nate asked.

"Nate" Mia said and bent down to him. "I know what they did wasn't right I know but if they want to make things right you should let them" Mia said.

"You've told me about your summers with your cousins and your grandfather teaching you to sail how much you used to look forward to Christmas you loved them now if you really don't wanna go fine but don't pretend you don't care" Vanessa said.

Vanessa saw she wasn't getting through to him and looked at Mia. "Nate" Mia said, and Nate looked at Mia.

"What if we go with you" Mia offered and Nate looked at her. "Me, Vanessa, and Dan we'll go with you" Mia said and abate hooded. "You won't leave right" Nate asked Mia.

"No not unless you want me to" Mia told Nate as he looked at her with love in his eyes.

>>>