Chapter 2: Dinner

The killer slowly opened his eyes.

Before him, he saw a white space illuminated by light.

He began to look around carefully to see where he was...

"Ugh... Where... am I...?" he muttered. His gaze fell on a low coffee table, behind which was a television, to the left, a wooden bookcase with knick-knacks, and to the right, a tall modern standing lamp. Next to it, in a pot, there was a beautiful, well-kept Flamingo Flower.

'I am... in someone's house...?' He thought to himself. As his eyes adjusted to the bright light, he noticed a man standing nearby.

It was Seiji, who held a pillow, making it look like a shield against attacks.

Now in different clothes than before.

Before, when he came back to the apartment and set his would-be killer on the couch he went to his room to change wet clothes.

Upon changing pants, he reached for his pants pocket to take out his suicidal note. A shock and stress painted on his face when he noticed that the pocket to which he did hide his note, was empty.

'Oh shit! Shit! Did I lost it?? Fuck! But where did it fell? I still had it before I went into the alley and... It...' he stopped his analysis, sighing 'It's probably in that dark alley... But... going for it will be worthless. It's for sure all dump and destroyed by rain and water. Damnit... I will probably have to write new letter...' He sighed again.
"I do have luck in my life..." He said sarcastically.

Now, both of men were in living room.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by Seiji's voice "Please, don't attack me yet!"

"Huh..!?" The killer's mind was now occupied with one important question... 'Who is this guy and why is he here with me??'

"You're not strong enough to stand up, let alone make any greater effort-" Seiji began his monologue about health.

Meanwhile, the killer observed the place where he was... He wanted to find the fastest way to escape from it.

The whole place looked like a typical, modern Japanese apartment.

The walls were painted in warm colors and the bright light from LED lamps illuminated the entire room.

Beneath their feet was a solid wooden floor, on which modern furniture was placed.

They were in the living room, that was fused with the kitchen which was separated from the rest of the room by a half-wall.

"(...)- so please, stay here on this couch, don't move, and I'll go make you something to eat." Seiji finished his speech and made his way to the kitchen.

The killer's reaction to Seiji's request was immediate and aggressive. "Tch!" he hissed annoyed. "Don't tell me what to do!" he shouted with a hoarse, aggressive voice. He tried to get up from the couch, but his movements were sluggish, and his legs almost buckled under his weight. He quickly lost his balance, and as quickly as he got up, he fell back to the floor in pain.

"I told you to sit down and wait," Seiji said, his voice sharp with a touch of exasperation. "You're barely able to stand. How do you expect to kill me if you can't even stay on your feet?"

Even though, he was going to make food now, he paused and went to his would-be killer to help him back to the couch. Being next to him, he handed him the pillow he had previously used as a shield. "Sit here, and I'll go make you something to eat. Okay?"

"Tssk!" the man hissed again in response. He crossed his arms in frustration, and this time, settled comfortably on the couch.

Seiji, in the meantime, returned to the kitchen.