Chapter 5: Brown Messy Hair

It's been a couple of days.

Hideaki had already managed to get rid of the food poisoning completely, however, for these few days, Seiji was unable to do what he had planned.

After tirelessly providing medical care for his new roommate, Seiji felt relieved. In the meantime, he had a heart-to-heart conversation with Hideaki about improving his behavior.

"If you want to stay here, you need to behave. Otherwise, here are doors." Seiji stationed and pointed at the exit doors of his flat.

This made Hideaki very frustrated, as he was forced to behave good. He hated being told what to do, but he also didn't want to being thrown out...

Now, Seiji was eager to see if his speech had made a difference in his new roommate...

[ It was Monday ]

Seiji was just getting ready for work. He finished drinking his coffee, then started preparing bento with various rice snacks and vegetables for Hideaki for later.

Suddenly from behind a half wall, the mentioned killer appeared. He took a closer look at what Seiji was doing.

"What will it be?" he asked him staring at the made meal with curiosity.

"Food for you." Seiji replied.

"But it will be tuna-free, right? I don't like tuna..."

Seiji hearing this sighed discouragingly. He looked at what he had just done and started digging his fingers inside the rice balls to get out the fish that Hideaki didn't like.
"Yes... It will be without tuna. It will be a vegetarian version."

Hideaki was pleased.

Seiji glanced over at his roommate and noticed the wide, happy grin on his face.
'I really hope he doesn't do anything stupid again while I'm at work,' he thought to himself.
With that thought, he finished preparing a meal for the killer and placed it in the fridge.

After grabbing his bag, he added, "I have a surprise for you after work today."

"Surprise??" Hideaki exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes. Just, please be nice and don't make a mess of my apartment like last time, okay?"

"Fine... Damnit..." the criminal replied reluctantly.

Seiji looked at the clock on the wall
"Your lunch is in the fridge. Soy sauce too. I also bought a quick dish that you can easily cook in the microwave."

Hideaki nodded discouragingly.

Seiji put on his shoes and walked to the door "I'm leaving. I'll be back in the evening." Just before leaving he took a reassuring breath and gazed back at Hideaki, glancing at the apartment one last time before everything would become mess. "Until then." he added and closed the door behind him.

On the key again.

Hideaki sighed loudly

"Jeez... That moron locked me in here again like some animal in a cage... What is he thinking? That I'll just sneak out of the apartment? I'm too comfortable here. I have a cozy bed... good food... I'm clean... I can sleep as long as I want and I have a TV plus I don't have to do anything! Live and not die!" Hideaki smiled to himself and jumped on his couch. "These are the best conditions I've had to live in!"

Suddenly, the sound of pigeons cooing on the balcony caught his attention.

"Huh..?"

Hideaki got up from the couch and walked over to the balcony door.