Chapter 25: School Friends

They suddenly found themselves teleported to a completely different place, though they could tell they were still in Japan due to the houses that surrounded them. The location appeared to be a small countryside town, with the bright city of Tokyo shining on the horizon as night began to fall.

'Maybe that was the reason they closed that factory...' Seiji pondered, and then he began to look around where they landed... Hideaki did the same as he was no familiar with this place, but as they were inspecting the place, their gazes met.

Hideaki seeing the occasion quickly get up from the ground and started to run away again, but this time Seiji luged at him, preventing him completely from doing it.

"Stop running away!" Seiji screamed at him, as Hideaki trashed around to release himself from Seiji's grip.

"Let me go!" the assassin screamed.

Unexpectedly, the nearby house's doors swung open, revealing a unique feature of the building - large windows displaying various everyday items such as groceries, household goods, indicating it was a local general store. A young woman peered out from behind the door and politely asked, "Um... Excuse me... Can you please be more quiet? I was trying to finish cleaning in peace my shop after a work day..."

They both ceased their fighting at the woman's interruption. Seiji looked at the girl. The voice seemed to be known by him... When he looked at her, he got shocked.

At first the young woman couldn't tell who they were, but as she took a closer look she remembered at least one person correctly "S-Sekiguchi Seiji?? Is that you?"

Her name was Arata Miyuki. She was Seiji's friend from high school.

When Seiji saw her a smile appeared on his face, he knew that he wasn't wrong of who the woman is
"Yes! It's me! Hehe... Hi Arata-san!"
He quickly dusted himself off and straightened himself up to appear more presentable.
"I'm so sorry that we did that mess before your house... I mean.. your parents store..." he corrected himself as he noticed the items for sale on display through the glass windows.

Hideaki was still enraged at programmer "Oi! D-don't just fucking walk away from me when we are in unknown p-place, you idiot!"

Seiji seeing this, lightly flipped fingers on his friend's forehead to get him together
"Behave yourself. We're in safe place. Besides... it's your fault that we got here in first place..."

"Huh!? It's your fault too!!!"

"But you were the one who started it all!"

They exchanged irritated gaze at each other.

The girl's face showed signs of weariness, however she got curious at one thing...
'I wonder why the guy next to Seiji have hospital gown...' Not wanting to disappear without a sign, she went to them closer, kindly interjecting, "If you don't mind, I'll go back to cleaning up my shop. It was nice to see you again, Sekiguchi-san."

"W-wait! Arata-san, before you go... I'm terribly sorry, but could I ask you what time the train leaves from here to Tokyo?"

"To Tokyo?" the girl asked. "Well... I think that tomorrow morning, since they finished renovating the rails today."

"Tomorrow!?"

"Yeah... They kept them closed until they'll repair them, but since the job is done, they said that the grand re-opening will be tomorrow. Why do you ask..?"

"Because we need to somehow go back to our apartment... And from what I heard, it will be even harder to do now..."

"I'm sorry that it happened to you..." Her mind quickly analyzed potential solutions in this situation for her friend.
"Maybe you could spend the night at your parents' house?"