Chapter 19: Why I Decided To Make Him a Better Person...?

Shortly after the fireworks display, they decided it was time to head home. Seiji made the decision to accompany Takahashi and Matsuo on their way home since their paths aligned. When Mr. Takahashi saw his daughter safe and sound, along with Seiji once again, he couldn't contain his joy.

"Thank you once again for taking care of my daughter. I never expected her to come back from the festival not only with her friend but also with a wonderful neighbor!" expressed Mr. Takahashi gratefully.

"Oh, it was nothing, sir! Just a small gesture," Seiji replied with a smile.

Returning the smile, Mr. Takahashi's face lit up with joy as he extended an invitation to his daughter, gesturing towards their cozily lit house. "Come inside, Ichiyo when you'll say goodbye to your friends," he said, his voice filled with warmth and relief.

The soft glow emanating from the windows created a cozy ambiance, beckoning Ichiyo to step into the comforting embrace of their home.

Ichiyo nodded in a respect and before entering her house, she kindly smiled at Seiji. She was satisfied with her evening with her friends "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Ichiyo!" Seiji responded, with a smile, as equally warm and pleasant as his neighbour did a little while ago.

She went then to Izumi and Akemi to chat a little bit more, before leaving.

In the meantime Mr. Takahashi looked at the people surrounding his daughter, especially one of them...

The man stared at Seiji with a critical gaze.

"Huh...?" The programmer felt little bit awkward, as he noticed the serious gaze at him, 'Have I done something wrong...?' he worried.

"Mr. Sekiguchi Seiji..." Mr. Takahashi began, his tone of a voice, made yet happy and cheerful atmosphere around them, into a weighty and downbeat one...

"Y-yes? Mr. Takahashi?" Seiji's anxiety grew as he sensed the seriousness in his neighbor's voice.

"Once again, I must express my gratitude for ensuring my daughter's safety... for your care. I never imagined a neighbor could be such a valuable asset."

Hearing the words of thanks from his neighbor, Seiji felt relieved in the soul... but also proud that he had earned the praise.

At first glance, it was obvious that Mr. Takahashi was someone important. The big traditionally Japanese styled house, the always formal and elegant presentation of the man, both in his clothes and way of speaking... He definitely was someone higher rank in job than Seiji. 

Then, Mr. Takahashi continued...

"I can see that I can always rely on you, even in unexpected situations like today. I haven't had the courage to open my door to people from this area earlier... That's why... please..." Mr. Takahashi handed Seiji his business card. "I hope we can stay in touch more frequently."

"Thank you, sir... It's truly an honor for me," Seiji replied, feeling a deep sense of gratitude. The blonde haired man felt the ubiquitous pride engulf him. He didn't think his own neighbor would respect him so much... Especially someone with such high standards.

Takahashi smiled kindly and dismissed Seiji's modesty, saying, "Nonsense... It's an honor for me... I'm the one who should thank you... For all the help you've shown us... To help strangers in these times... It takes a really big heart of gold..."

Deeply touched, Seiji bowed respectfully to Mr. Takahashi once again and expressed his heartfelt gratitude. He then glanced at Hideaki and Akemi, who were engrossed in a separate conversation with Ichiyo and Izumi. On his face appeared a kind smile as he watched them all, having a fun times together...