Chapter 32: Halloween Episode

October 31st

Halloween

For Native Americans, it is a holiday of the dead, sweets, dressing up, and going from house to house with a famous phrase "trick or treat". The spooky evening takes place under the dark veil of vampires, zombies and other scary monsters.

For the Japanese, this is an equally fun holiday because here in Japan, Halloween is considered the biggest party for all cosplay lovers. Every year in large cities such as Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto, are large cosplay festival takes place, where you can admire various costumes, more or less creative and original.

Seiji and Hideaki decided to go to such a costume festival this year.

While still at home, in the living room, Hideaki was trying to attach felt bat wings to one of his hoodies. The black sweatshirt already had bat ears sew onto the hood. Seeing the murderer struggling to sew the last element of the costume, Seiji sighed and approached him.

"Just give it to me. I'll help you sew it in, just like I did with the ears..." he said and then started sewing wings in.

Hideaki waited impatiently for his friend to finish sewing, staring intensively at the whole process. After a while, he regained his hoodie with all the necessary elements that were needed for a cosplay outfit. A wide smile of excitement appeared on his face

"Finally! My vampire costume is ready!" he said proudly and then put it on.

"And thanks to who you got this?" Seiji asked, demanding to be thanked for his hard work.

"Tch! Y-you..." the assassin replied reluctantly, placing the hood over his head.

"Aaaand....???"

"And... T-thanks... for helping me sew the wings... and the ears... Tch!" the killer added as reluctantly as he had done before.

"You're welcome. Now get up. Let's go to the festival."

The murderer, this time exceptionally obediently, got up from the couch and left the apartment with Seiji.

Unlike Hideaki, Seiji was dressed normally,

The killer on the other hand, was wearing previously mentioned black hoodie with sew in bat wings and ears on top, burgundy pants with an attached hanging metal chain that was accompanied by a metal cross, and fake fangs in his mouth.

It was a costume good enough for cosplaying a current times vampire who doesn't strive for wearing fancy old clothes, like usually vampires are portrayed as.

Soon, the two of them made their way to the Tokyo center.

Once they were there, their eyes saw entire crowds of cheerful participants of a huge Halloween party. The people gathered there were dressed in various costumes.
From cosplay of characters from anime, games and movies to very unique concepts such as an accurate interpretation of a person who goes to work on a windy day... what was most striking was the piece of paper that was on the cosplayer's face. It literally looked like it was blowing in a strong wind.

Seiji looked at the people and their disguises with admiration, and Hideaki was slightly tense, knowing that he was among such a large crowd of people.

"It looks like this year is very fruity with all sorts of people" Seiji said.

Hideaki nodded trembling a little "Y-yeah..." he gulped and then added with more vigorish attitude "I'm w-waiting for someone with sweets to appear!"

"Hah. Have a high hopes. Mostly are only here a cosplayers" Seiji said to him

"Well, it's Halloween for fucks sake! During this night SHOULD be candy picking!"

"It doesn't work like that in Japan, Hideaki..." Seiji was beaten mentally down from his roommate naive childish thinking and decided to look around again. He admired how much of a hard work people went with their costumes.