kindred spirits

AT THE SUMETTIKUL MANSION

Gemini walked down stairs from his room to the dining hall and found Jeff sitted drinking coffee with a book in his hand. "Morning" he murmed making Jeff look up from his book.

"Morning honey, you are up early." Jeff said with a warm smile. Gemini looked at his father and smiled as he poured himself a glass of orange juice. "Early morning lectures?" Jeff asked.

Gemini shook his had taking a sip of the orange juice. "Okay. Do you have practice today?" Jeff asked trying to make conversation with his son. Gemini without uttering a word shook his head.

"Great want to join me at the studio? I am composing a new song I would like you to hear." Jeff asked his son with a hopeful smile. Gemini lifted his eyes to look at his father. "Why?" Gemini asked frowning.

"What do you mean why? I just want to hear your thoughts on the song." Jeff answered. "Why?" Gemini asked still frowning. Jeff slightly irritated replied "What is with you? You know I value your opinions you always had a good ear to music."

Gemini was still upset with his father even though he had forgiven his brother. He felt betrayed by his father who was his comfort person. He felt like his father took Phuwin's side without even hearing him out.

"GemGem, honey I am sorry." Jeff said knowing that his son felt betrayed by him. He knew Gemini well, him and Gemini were very similar. Kind of like kindred spirits.

"Why are you apologizing?" Gemini asked his father. "Because I know you Gem, and I know what you're thinking and what you must be feeling." Jeff said staring at his son.

Gemini kept silent clenching the glass of orange juice in his hand. "I know you are feeling betrayed by me. You feel like I chose Phu over you." Jeff said smiling warmly at his son.

This annoyed Gemini. How his father could know what he was thinking and feeling and yet still chose his brother's side over his.

Jeff moved closer and cupped his cheek and caressed it with his thumb and said "Honey look at me." Gemini lifted his eyes to meet his father's gaze.

"You know I love you right?" Jeff said giving his son a loving smile. "I know." Gemini replied. "I will never ever hurt you intentionally." Jeff said still caressing Gemini's cheek with his thumb.

"Well you hurt me regardless." Gemini said looking down escaping his father's gaze. "I know, hence I am apologizing." Jeff replied, after a brief pause he continued "You are both my sons, I was not taking sides. I needed and wanted to comfort both of you."

Gemini lifted his eyes meet his father's gaze and said "I just felt like you chose him over me and that hurt dad." Jeff cupped his son's cheeks with both his hands and  squished them and said "I know GemGem but you didn't answer my calls or texts. Instead you were only talking with Bib."

Gemini looked at his father and felt a bit guilty. Was he perhaps being too harsh? I mean he was Phuwin's father as well and it is only natural for a father to comfort his child when they are in pain.

"I was hurt when my favourate person was ignoring me you know." Jeff said pouting. Gemini couldn't help but let out a little smile hearing his father call him his favourate person. "I am sorry." Gemini said softly. 

"I am willing to forgive you in one condition." Jeff answered with a smirk. "What is it?" Gemini asked with his eyebrow raised. "You have to come hear the new song I am composing." Jeff said with a grin on his face.

Gemini smiled and asked "Are you blackmailing me?" Jeff grinned and said "You call it blackmailing, I call it negotiating."

"Okay I will come. On one condition." Gemini replied with a grin. Jeff raised his eyebrow suspiciously and asked "what?" With a smirk on his face Gemini replied "that electric guitar I showed you last time." Jeff smiled and asked "Is this your way of blackmailing me?"