Budding friendship

Fourth sat patiently reading a book on the bench near his faculty waiting for his boyfriend and his two friends to arrive. Ford had spent yet another night at Mark's so he will be coming with him.

"Aww nong' Fourth." Phuwin said as he sat next to Fourth. "Sawedee P'Phuwin." Fourth said softly.

He felt a bit awkward, he hadn't seen Phuwin since finding out that him and Gemini had a fight about him. He had sensed that Phuwin liked him but it never occurred to him that he liked him to a point where he would fight with his brother over him.

"How are you? Why are you sitting here by yourself?" Phuwin asked with a bright smile.

"I am good phi. I am waiting for Gem and P'Mark who will be coming with Ford." Fourth answered with an equally bright smile.

He felt a bit relieved to see Phuwin smiling at him like this, he really liked Phuwin and would hate it if Phuwin hated him. They did have a lot in common and it would be nice if they could be friends.

"Oh okay. Want to wait for them in the canteen? We can get coffee or something to drink while waiting for them." Phuwin suggested to Fourth.

Although Phuwin couldn't win Fourth's heart, he hoped that they can be able to stay friends. He liked Fourth, and Fourth was probably going to be part of his life since Gemini seemed to be madly in love with him.

Fourth enthusiastically accepted Phuwin's invitation and quickly texted the others telling them where to find them.

"So you're treating me right phi?" Fourth asked teasingly and Phuwin laughed shaking his head.

Phuwin ended up paying for their drinks even though Fourth told him not to he was only joking but the older insisted.

The conversation was awkward at first, but eventually they relaxed around each other. They started off by talking about Mark and Ford. They then talked about school stuff and Phuwin offered to tutor Fourth in any of the modules he might be struggling in.

They were so immersed in their conversation that they didn't notice the other three walk towards them.

"P'Phuwin!" Ford said excitedly. Mark and Gemini nodded as a way to silently greet Phuwin.

"Hey Nong, how are you?" Phuwin said seeing the excited Ford. "I was good phi, now I am even better seeing you." Ford said making Phuwin to chuckle.

"Have you been waiting long baby?" Gemini asked Fourth as he sat next to him. Fourth shook his head and said "Not that long, plus P'Phuwin kept me company."

Gemini hummed, his facial expression changed especially seeing Phuwin's toothy grin. Although he knew that Phuwin had Pond and they were fixing things and Phuwin probably has gotten over Fourth. He still felt uneasy seeing the two look at each other and smile.

When he received Fourth's text telling him he would be waiting for him in the canteen with his brother, his stomach churned. It took him approximately 30 minutes to get there.

He was well aware it was just them two because Mark and Ford hadn't also arrived. He couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about. Did Fourth like Phuwin? He knew it was silly to feel this way or to question Fourth's feelings but he couldn't help it.

"Let me treat you to breakfast phi as a way to thank you." Fourth said smiling while looking at Phuwin.

Gemini felt a twitch of jealousy and before he could process anything he already formed a scowl and asked in a deep voice, the type of voice he would use subconsciously to assert dominance.

"Thank him for what?"

Phuwin and Mark looked at Gemini, they could recognize that voice. It was the same voice he would use when Gemini was insecure or feeling territorial. Plus the way Gemini was sitting with his arm drapping over Fourth's showed he was marking his territory.