his royal highness prince Fourth

Fourth knew something was up when his parents showed up, and his papa Apo gave him that look that said he was worried about him. The same look he gave him when his pet cat died when he was 12.

"What's wrong?" Fourth asked, and Apo gave him a small smile.

"Nothing is wrong dumbing." Apo replied. "Let's have a seat so we can talk, na." He added.

"Okay." Fourth said and took a seat on the couch next to his fathers.

Apo took both of Fourth's hands into his and gave him another small smile that didn't reach his eyes. Fourth had a bad feeling about this.

"Dumbling. You know we love you very much, right?" Apo asked, and Fourth nodded, feeling very nervous.

"I love you so much. I love you more than life itself, and you know I would do just about anything for you, right?" Apo said, and Fourth's stomach twisted into a tight knot, and he was suddenly feeling nauseated.

"Are you guys getting a divorce? Am I going to be a child of divorce? I can't do it. I mean, I know I am supposed to be old enough to understand, but this is too much for me to handle." Fourth rambled, " Did you guys try marriage counselling? You looked so happy yesterday. What happened? I am sure you guys can fix it." He continued his rambles, not allowing his parents to get a word in.

"I am sorry, but I can't handle being a child of divorce. I am past my teens to start a rebellious phase now. I also can't handle two Christmases, and who am I going to spend Chinese New Year's with? You guys should've done this when I was younger, like 3 years old or something, so I can like get used to it. I am used to a happy, loving home, and now I am going to start to learn how to live in a dysfunctional family." He said in one breath.

"Fourth, honey, calm down." Mile said.

"I can't calm down. You just told me you are getting a divorce. If you guys divorce, then how am I supposed to believe in love? If you guys can't make it, then my relationship is doomed. Maybe I should break up with him to get a head start on the heartbreak. And I don't want to break up with him because I love him, but -"

"Baby, calm down. No one is getting a divorce." Apo said, cutting Fourth off. He squeezed his hands slightly to reassure him and ground him. He probably could see that Fourth is close to tears.

"But you said -"

"We never said anything about divorcing silly." Apo said with a small smile.

"Okay." Fourth said, taking a much needed deep breath. "Wait? Did someone die? Is it grandma?" He asked, panic rising again.

"No one died, and both your grandparents are in good health." Mile said with exasperated fondness.

"Okay, if you are not getting a divorce and no one died. What's with all the 'I love you and will die for you' speech?" Fourth asked.

"First of all, I never said I would die for you, but I would too if necessary. " Apo said, and Mile hummed in agreement.

"I, too, would die for you." Mile added.

"Okay, I don't know what you guys are going to tell me, but your cryptic sayings are not making me feel very calm right now." Fourth said, which was true.

"Is it wrong to express our love for you? Mhh?" Apo asked teasingly.

"Well, no, but not this way. We are not in a drama. If you want to express your love, then give me money." Fourth replied in which both his parents gave him a look.

"Fotfot, you are a literal trust fund, baby. You have enough money to buy an island in your account." Apo said.

"And you are the only heir to both our companies." Mile added.