Mother's love??

It took a few minutes for Phuwin to regain his composure after meeting his mother, Araya Sumettikul. It wasn't anything he had imagined, not that he has ever imagined meeting her now, maybe when he was younger but now he kind of got over it. He had accepted the fact that he never had a mother, had convinced himself that he perhaps was one of the rare species that got conceived from two men, scientifically impossible but he had successfully convinced himself.

That is until now, sitting across his mother with his little brother next to him. The woman whose genetics they both shared, as he narrowed his eyes he could see Gemini in this woman. Maybe it's the way her eyes glistened in the resturant lighting. He was aware that him and Gemini had the same set of eyes but Gemini's eyes somehow were brighter, full of life just like Araya's. Their eyes looked like they harbored constellations in them.

"What do you want?" Phuwin said curtly, being the one to break the torturous silence and glaring. He was feeling somewhat protective, his instincts telling him to protect his younger brother.

"I-I just wanted to see you... I didn't really think things through." Araya said softly, her big brown eyes darting between Gemini and Phuwin but lingering on Phuwin longer.

Phuwin is the one she at least remembered, the one she actually formed a bond with before she took off.

"Well you saw us, so leave." Phuwin replied, his tone cold and expression impassive.

"What did you leave?" Gemini asked taking him by surprise a bit. He could sense the vulnerability and hurt in his younger brother's voice.

"I am sorry..." Araya replied softly, her gaze lowering down to her lap where her perfectly manicured hands rested.

"That’s not what he asked." Phuwin said, keeping his tone of voice cold and void of any vulnerable emotions. His mind was screaming "Protect Gemini"

"I had to leave... it was-"

"Don't give us that bullshit speech of "it was for the best", because no mother in their sound mind abandons their children." Phuwin spat out.

Okay maybe he wasn't succeeding on leaving vulnerable emotions aside thing because he is pretty sure his voice might be trembling a bit.

"That’s the problem... I wasn't in a sound state of mind. If I didn't leave- if I stayed I would have fucked things up, and I didn't want to... you deserved better than that." Araya said and heaved a heavy sigh.

Well that didn't explain much to Phuwin, although seeing Araya's sincerity or at least what looked like sincerity made his heart soften a bit. To be fair though he was always the one with a softer heart between him and Gemini.

"We deserved a mother... or at least an explanation as to why you abandoned us." Gemini spoke up, his voice soft and timid with hurt lingering in his tone.

This made Phuwin's heart break a little especially as he could see the tears welling up in his younger brother's eyes.

Fuck! He hated seeing Gemini so raw, hurt and vulnerable.

"Can you tell us why you left?" Phuwin spoke up with his voice cracking a bit. He cleared his voice and spoke up again "and don't tell us that cryptic shit of 'you had to leave'. You owe us that at least."

He couldn't hide the bitterness in his voice, but he couldn't care less.

"Please..." Gemini spoke, he spoke so softly that Phuwin hated hearing it.

He would rather have Gemini screaming at the top of his lungs and glare at him or Araya. He would rather have him furious but not this, not this small and hurt. It broke his heart, if only if his Dad-