Lover's lake.

Following behind Dustin, Eddie and Aurora getting annoyed at how fast the boy was walking. Dustin wasn't looking where he was going and before he could walk straight into the lake infront of him, Eddie pulled him back.

E- "Watch your step, big guy."

S- "Oh man. You gotta be shitting me."

E- "Yeah. I thought these woods were familiar."

A- "Lover's lake."

D- "This is confounding."

M- "There's a gate in Lover's lake?"

A- "Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way."

S- "Only one way to find out."

Eddie and Steve pushed the boat into the water quite forcefully, Robin was the first one to get on using the boys heads to help her on. Next was Eddie, who put his hand out towards Aurora and helped her on. Then, Nancy got on with the help of Steve. Dustin went to get on the boat but Eddie put his hand out to stop him.

E- "Hey, you tryna sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay?"

N- "It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble."

D- "You keep an eye out. It's my goddamn theory."

A- "You heard Nance."

D- "Who put her in charge?"

A- "I did. Compass."

Dustin handed the compass to his sister with a disappointed grunt, Steve threw the bag of supplies at Dustin before pushing the boat and hopping in himself. Dustin getting annoyed at the fact Steve was going and not him. While Eddie and Steve used the oars to paddle the boat, Robin and Rory shouted back at the kids with sarcastic comments laughing when Dustin stuck up his middle finger.

~

Aurora was holding the compass while the rest paddled the boat, as they were paddling the compass began spinning in circles both anti-clockwise and clockwise. Rory called out to her friends to slow down, as they stopped paddling they turned to look at the compass which was now spinning out of control.

D- "Guys, what's going on? Come on, guys. Talk to me."

A- "Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'ahhh'!"

N- "Steve, what are you doing?"

S- "Somebody's gotta go down and check this out. Unless one of you three can top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain and a certified lifeguard, then it's gotta be me. No complaints, alright?"

E- "Hey, I'm not complaining. I do not wanna go down there."

Eddie pulls out a plastic bag emptying it onto the boat before wrapping it around one of the flashlights, wishing Steve good luck. He puts a cigarette in his mouth and goes to light it when Robin pulls it out of his mouth throwing it in the lake, Aurora tries not to laugh at the look on Eddie's but ends up letting out a small giggle to which Eddie ends up nudging her for. 

N- "Steve? Be careful."

Steve dives into the water while Nancy starts to time how long he was down there for, the trio were waiting anxiously for the boy to surface. It was closing in on a minute now, worrying the teens slightly. The boat was silent at this point, Rory was getting cold and worried so she was cuddled slightly into Eddie waiting for Steve. A suddenly gush of water was heard and Steve had surfaced, the trio on the boat let out a sigh of relief and leaned closer to the boy in the lake.

S- "I found it."

N- "You found it?"

S- "I found it. Yeah, I found it."

A- "Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein. Steve found the gate."

S- "It's pretty wild. It's more of a snack sized gate than the momma gate but still, it's pretty damn big."

Steve was suddenly yanked back under the water, he rose back up looking down beneath him in shock and confusion before he was pulled all the way under again. They were calling out to him, screaming his name for him to come back to the surface of the water again. Nancy put one foot up onto the edge of the boat and got ready to jump in.

E- "You're not going in there, are you?"

N- "Just wait here."

Eddie and Robin shouted for Nancy as she jumped off the boat, whereas Rory was preparing herself the same way Nancy did, ready to go after her two friends. 

E- "No, no, no. Rory. Absolutely not. Aurora."

R- "What are you doing? She said wait."

A- "Yeah. I heard her."

E- "She's in charge."

A- "Eds, are you kidding me? I made that shit up."

Aurora threw herself into the water swimming down towards the light that was shining from the gate. Eddie and Robin shouted for her, she was the last one who had dealt with this stuff for so many years. If she was going in, Eddie was right behind her.

E- "Fuck sake! Aurora! This is so stupid, shit. shit. shit."

He had jumped into the lake after the girl, praying he could catch up to her. Back on the boat, Robin let out a sigh of defeat, rolled her eyes and backwards rolled off the boat into the lake. Nancy and Aurora were the first of the four to get there after Steve, they grabbed the closest thing the could to a weapon and went looking for their friend. When they found him he was being attacked by these bat type things, 'Dustin would call them Demobats.' thought Rory before her and Nancy rushed towards Steve to help.