001

Aurora was stood in a small tiled room watching as the man the group had learnt to know as 'Doctor Brenner' tattooed the young boys wrist, the boy was in pain wincing as the man continued to mark him.

Dr- "All done. Not so bad, was it? See, nothing to be afraid of. Is there Rory?"

The man turned his head towards the girl, his eyes were glazed over with a blue colour. His dark blonde hair was combed back and his face was quite stern. The girl took a step back, but as she did so the man spoke again but this time is voice sounded quite distorted.

Dr- "Why don't you take a seat?"

The girl ran out of the room in a hurry to get away from the man, terrified by what she was witnessing. The lights in the corridor began to flicker around her, there were bodies spread out all over the place, blood dripping everywhere.

~

S- "Aurora! Stay with me, just stay with me okay? Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!"

Erica- "Steve says you need to hurry!"

D- "Yeah? No shit!"

M- "We're trying. We can't find anything."

R- "What is all this shit?"

N- "What are we even looking for?"

R- "Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!"

E- "This is music!"

N- "Eddie, what's her favourite song?!"

~

Aurora continued running down the corridor, she ran towards a door but when she got there it was boarded up. She began ripping the planks of wood of the door, struggling as she did so. Before she could remove them all a voice called out her name, turning around she came face to face with Vecna for the first time.

V- "What are you doing? It's not time for you to leave."

She continued ripping the planks off the door, pushing the door open she started running but looked around at the room she had already been in. Looking to the left, she saw Doctor Brenner again. The lights began flickering as Brenner told the girl to take a seat, before she could take off again the room went dark.

When the lights turned back on she was strapped to the chair, vines were wrapped around her wrists and ankles keeping her in place. She struggled as they constricted around her, looking in front of her stood Vecna. He began walking towards her. He leaned down close to the girls face. 

V- "I...want you to tell Eleven. I want you to tell her, everything you see."

He reached out his long, sharp fingers towards her face. Flashes of Hawkins breaking apart ran through her mind, the biggest gate she had ever seen was connecting throughout Hawkins. She screamed out as she watched her home be torn apart.

~

Her eyes flew open, she gasped and lost her balance. Steve caught her and gently placed her on the floor as she started breathing heavily, tears running down her cheeks.

S- "It's okay. It's okay."

~

The group stood around Max's trailer, Aurora filled them in on what Vecna had made her see. She understood why he chose her to tell Eleven, she just didn't completely understand his motive. 

A- "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw, a dark cloud, spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with a gaping mouth and this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters... An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighbourhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me my mom and Dustin. Max. And you were all..."

S- "Okay, but he's just trying to scare you. It's not real."

A- "Not yet. But there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one in Eddies trailer. But they didn't stop growing and this wasn't upside down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins."

M- "Four chimes. Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times."

A- "I heard them too."

M- "He's been telling us his plan this whole time."

L- "Four kills. Four gates. End of the world."

D- "If that's true... he's only one kill away."

Eds- "Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ."

S- "Try 'em again. Try 'em again."

Aurora could feel a presence behind her but it wasn't the feeling she got when Vecna took over her mind, it was the feeling she got when Eleven would 'secretly' check in on her. It couldn't be El though, she lost her powers.

A- "We have to go back in there. Back to the upside down."

E- "Okay, let's think this through."

A- "What is there to think through, Eddie?"

S- "We barely made it out of there."

N- "Because we weren't prepared. But this time we will be. We have weapons, we'll go in, find his lair and we'll kill him."

S- "Or he'll kill us. The only reason Rory survived is because he wanted her to. He's not scared of us."

R- "And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?"

D- "One."

Erica- "Vecna."

L- "One."

A- "Henry."

R- "Right. We've learnt something new about Vecna/Henry/One. He's a number like Eleven or... never mind. All we know is he's a sick, evil, male child-murdering version of her with really bad skin. My point is, he's super powerful. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight."

D- "So, then why fight fair? You're right. He is like El. But that gives us an upper hand. We know El's strengths. And her weaknesses."

A- "When El remote travels she goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet Vecna's the same."

L- "That would explain what he was doing in that attic."

D- "Exactly. When he attacks his next victim, I'll be you he's back in that attic, physical body defenceless."

S- "What about the army of bats?"

A- "True. We'll have to find a way past them. Distract them somehow."

Ed- "How do we do that exactly?"

A- "No idea."

Ed- "Okay."

D- "Once, they're gone. He doesn't stand a chance."

R- "That all sounds good in theory but there is no pattern to Vecna's killings. We don't know when he's going to attack next, we don't know who he's going to attack next."

M- "Yes, we do. I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me."

L- "Max. You can't. He'll kill you."

M- "I survived before. I can survive again. I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into the attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart, kill him with some explosive Dustin cooks up. I honestly don't care how you put this asshole in his grave. Just... whatever it is... whatever you do... try not to miss." 

The group went silent looking around at each other in fear, were they really going to do this? With no powers? No real knowledge of how Vecna's powers work? Just risking it all?

~