Beginning of the end

The ground shook beneath Lucas as he dragged Max's body away from the growing hole in the ground. The floor of Hawkins quickly caved inwards, connecting all the gates to each other and wrecking anything that stood in their way. They connected at the centre of Hawkins and the gate consumed the community.

~

People were quick to leave Hawkins, terrified of what it had become, terrified of the unknown. News reporters surrounded the area reporting the 'earthquake' for everyone to see, everything around them was destroyed. People were missing. People died. The group was back and had been to the police station to report Jason Carver as the murderer of Hawkins teens. Aurora and Lucas went in with a sob story of how Jason lured Lucas and Max into the Creel house to 'find Eddie Munson' only for him to start his ritual and threaten Lucas if he got in the way. The people bought the story and Eddie was once again a free man. He had to live with the Hendersons for a while until him and Wayne could get a new place but neither Aurora or Dustin minded that.

~

The teens were stood outside the Wheeler house, loading up the car with things for donation. Mrs Wheeler came out with a new box and Nancy placed it in the trunk. A pizza van suddenly pulled up next to the drive and the teens turned around, Aurora watched as El exited the van with Mike, Will and Jonathan and some other guy. She ran towards El, letting go of Eddies hand, she engulfed her in a hug and they cried tears of joy. They then had to explain to the group that Max and Lucas were at the hospital, waiting for her to finally wake up.

~

Nancy had gone with the California group to visit Max in the hospital while the rest made their way to the school for donations. They unloaded the boxes and made their way to the gym, donating the clothes, blankets and toys. Offering to help in other ways, Dustin went to aid with caring for injured and sick while Robin went to help make food and Steve folded and organised clothes. Eddie and Aurora decided to go help fix up the cabin for El to stay in as she needed a home while they were back.

~

As the group pulled up to the cabin it was absolutely wrecked and needed a lot of work. El, Will and Mike sweeped and cleaned the inside while Nancy and Jonathan boarded up the windows, Rory and Eddie were in Elevens bedroom cleaning up when El came in crying and smiling. Aurora looked over at her confused when she moved out of the way of the door and let someone in behind her. Upon seeing who it was, Aurora stumbled back into Eddies chest and he had to catch her.

Hopper.

Hop- "Hey, kid."

A- "Hi."

She ran into his arms crying tears of joy.

A- "I never stopped believing."

H- "It's okay. I'm here."

A- "You look..."

H-"Not fat?"

A- "Your hair..."

H- "Well, what do you think?"

E&A- "Bitchin'"

Eleven and Aurora then greeted Joyce outside and everyone was glad to be back together. Rory introduced Eddie to Hopper and Hopper tried to put on his dad mode act but couldn't because he was too happy in that moment. Him and Eddie shook hands and started talking when a darkness casted over the sky. The group made there way out to the field where ash like dust was falling from the sky, there was a dark cloud that looked like an eruption from the earth across the sky. El and Rory made their way down to the grass that had died out and pulled out a flower that crumpled in their hands. Red lightning struck from the cloud in the sky and thunder rumbled the ground. Eleven and Aurora held hands as they looked out at the sky, this was it.

The beginning of the end.