Chapter 2 Zodiacs

Cancer

Cancer stood with the other six zodiac's in the great hall. With her was the Princess Pisces, Princess Leo, Prince Ophiuchus, and the three knights Aries, Capricorn, and Sagittarius. It had just been revealed that the most powerful object in the universe was stolen, the holy sword. The holy sword belonged to the first king of the kingdom, but it was so overpowered that it was sealed and hidden away, if someone stole it, they had the power of destroying the universe. Cancer started shaking and Pisces reached out to hold her hand. Cancer quickly tried to stop herself from crying, but failed and caved into Pisces's arms, she look up and saw Ophiuchus smile at her but then quickly turned away. The doors to the great hall burst open and in walked guards with a dirty boy.

                                                                                  Sagittarius

Guards walked in with a small boy, Sagittarius stared at the new arrival who hiccupped nervously and to everyone's shock, there were two of him! The two boys quickly turned back into one and he look really nervous. Sagittarius looked at him and smiled "Are you a zodiac?" he asked politely to the boy who nodded "Welcome, which zodiac are you?" he added smiling. The boy took a step back but replied "Gemini, the twins, why am I here?." The queen looked at him with a face of relief "You are here to help us save the world Gemini, all of us are zodiacs and we need your help" she said calmly as Gemini's face turned pale. Gemini took another step back and stuttered "S-save the world? I-I-I cant do that!" and took another step back, he was almost out the door. Sagittarius walked up to him and "It'll be alright, how about I get you something to drink so you calm down? I'm Sagittarius by the way, pleasure to meet you" 

                                                                                 Taurus

Taurus walked down the street happily, earlier that day he destroyed the clothing shop for the royals and he was feeling very proud of himself. The royals had huge clothing stores with very expensive clothing imported from other kingdoms. He had come from a fairly well off family and he spent all his money making food for the less fortunate that the Queen clearly didn't care about. Everywhere he went he was met with smiles from the townsfolk, but today everyone was avoiding him. He noticed a edict pinned on the gates of the castle, in spiraling writing signed by the queen were the words 'All Zodiacs are to report to the castle. Prizes shall be handed out to the Zodiac or whoever turns them in. Queen Cetus' Taurus was so busy reading that he didn't notice the townsfolk pointing him out to the guards, and he didn't notice the guards walking up to him and then seizing his shoulders and then taking him in the castle gates and up to the door of the castle he hated so much.

                                                                                 Libra

"When I was younger I used to read this book all the time" Libra said as she hovered mid air and turned to the first page in the book. Libra worked in a bookshop run by her grandfather and one of her favorite things to do was to read her favorite books to the children, the book she currently had was a book on the holy sword of King Anicetus. "Once apon a time, there was a small boy called Hercules who fought in a war and one and got married to lovely lady, their son Anicetus was a lot like his father and often went on wars to take land for his kingdom, once he had a lot of land he took his magic sword and asked the gods to bless it, the blessing made a huge castle and Anicetus lived in the castle, and in that castle the Queen now lives where she rules the land, the end" Libra finished hurriedly as she saw the guards walking into her bookshop and talking to her grandfather. "Papa? What's happening?" she asked as she flew over and looked up at the guards who seized her by the shoulders and a guard said gruffly "All zodiacs are needed by the queen" the kids screamed and watched as Libra got dragged away and she saw he grandfather start to cry and she struggled to try and get back to hug him.

                                                                                   Virgo

Virgo was happily sitting next to her flower shop cart, she loved selling her flowers and often just gave them away for free to children and sometimes the guards. "Hello Virgo" she turned around to find the guard Capricorn looking at her with a smile. She gasped and ran to hug her "Hello Capricorn, here! yellow daises you favorite, to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you at my cart"  she said as she handed Capricorn a bouquet of daisies. Capricorn smiled but then her face fell when she remembered why she was there "Virgo, something happened and you are needed in the castle" she said soberly. Virgo's face fell as she looked at the older lady in shock "Me? What happened Cap?" she asked as her voice shook slightly. "I'll explain on the way" Capricorn replied as she held out her hand, Virgo took it and they began to walk to the castle, leaving Virgo's flower cart open for everyone to take flowers from.

                                                                                     Aries

The doors flew open once again, but this time the guards were accompanied to two people. One was a young lady who was struggling with tears streaming down her face, the other was a young man who wasn't struggling but instead looked very annoyed. The young man looked very familiar to Aries but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. "Hello zodiacs, I am Aries the knight, It's a pleasure meeting you" he said bowing to the strangers "I'd be happy to meet you if I cared" the boy growled and turned his head. The girl shakily curtsied  and in a small voice said "I'm Libra Scales, pleasure to meet you" Aries smiled at her, which seemed to calm her down slightly because she smiled back. "And what is your name?" Leo said as she stared directly at the boy "Taurus Bull" he huffed, still not facing them. And then the cogs in Aries brain clicked into place "Bull? the one who keeps protesting at the gates?" he asked as he reached for the sword in his belt. Before anything got physical, Sagittarius walked in with the much calmer Gemini, Gemini had to be taken to a different room while he calmed down and Sagittarius offered to go with him. Sagittarius looked at Taurus and gasped when he realized who he was "Cap is going to love this" he said as Capricorn and Virgo also entered the room. Only the queen could stop the fist fight between Capricorn and Taurus.

                                                                                       Scorpio

"There you go, a bottle of some of the finest poison you'll ever own, it can kill a horse in just thirty seconds" Scorpio said with a grin as he handed the woman a bottle of red liquid. The woman gave him thousands of dollars in return and walked away saying that someone called Frank better watch his wine. Once she left, Scorpio sighed, this wasn't the life he wanted. He so desperately wanted to just have a normal life, but that was impossible now that he was linked to seventy-six murders around the kingdom. A sudden swarm of people ran past the alleyway he was in and he stood up to see the rush. "All Zodiac's wanted! Rewards will go to Zodiacs or who ever turns them in" A guard yelled over the crowds of people. Scorpio backed against the wall horrified, if the guards ever saw him he would be killed on sight, and if the queen saw him who knows what she would do. He looked around trying to find a way out, if he climbed the wall he could get into the houses and jump the borders and escape the kingdom, but that was only if he could walk on buildings the entire way. What he heard next make his blood run cold "I know where the scorpion boy is, he's just down there" that's when Scorpio knew he had to get out of there.