Chapter 12 Fools

Sword Holder

                                                                                                Unknown 

The holder sword walked out of the tent and back into the camp. He could hear the zodiacs talking about the magical sword and its powers. "It can turn invisible and open portals" Ophiuchus said in-between mouthfuls on turkey sandwich "It gives the holder a huge power bonus and can make the holder invincible and unstoppable" Libra added and Leo piped in with "The holder will also be able to fly and play with time, although the playing with time is slightly restricted to only going back ten minutes and only going forward six minutes" The sword holder grinned and excused himself for a minute. He stood behind a tree and summoned the sword into his hand, he knew how to fly and turn invisible, he also figured out how to clone himself and open portals. Time travel was new to him and he was determined to figure out how too. He cloned himself and sent the clone of himself back to the camp to not look suspicious, he opened a portal to the ship and climbed through it. He turned to look at the mast where he left Cancer but gasped in horror when he saw she wasn't there. Frantically he began running around trying to see if she was still in the cave, but there was no sign of her. The ropes she had been bound with were cut and laying on the ground and there was a sharp of emerald on the ground. He growled and rolled his eyes, he knew how she had escaped and he was upset with himself for letting Rat come to save her. A portal opened next to him and a man he had never seen climbed out. "Hello child, that sword is mine" the man said with a large grin. The sword holder held out the sword but when the man reached for it he took it back. "There was no name written on it, it now rightfully belongs to me" the sword holder replied and used the sword to open a portal and fall through it. The portal opened hundreds of meters into the air and the sword holder looked down at the quickly approaching ground. Using the swords powers he was able to sprout wings from his back and use them to save himself from falling to his death. He had to find Cancer now that she knew who had the sword, Cancer had to die first. He sighed with annoyance, he was looking forward to killing Pisces in front of Cancer and then killing her. A small cottage caught his eye and he flew over to look in the window. "So you were the leader Rat and then there was Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig?" he heard a girl ask, he quickly looked through the window and saw Cancer sitting in a chair drinking tea. "Yes, how didn't you know their names?" Rat asked and the sword holder lay flat against the outside wall of the cottage. "Well no one knew your names, Libra said they were long forgotten" Cancer replied and the sword holder let out a slight chuckle, the reason he spent so much time in the bookshop was so he could find any books with their names and rip them out, he had ripped out their names in every book in every kingdom and even some of the neighboring kingdoms. The sword holder sighed and Rat turned abruptly to the window, he must have heard him. The sword holder turned invisible and held his breath as Rat and Cancer walked outside to investigate. Eventually they shrugged it off and began packing some supplies to begin their journey to find the other zodiacs. Letting Cancer go back to the other zodiacs would be his downfall and he racked his brain for anything to do in this situation. He could just kill both of them there, but that risks calling another of the zodiacs. He could let them walk back to the zodiacs and let them kill him and shut down his plan, he knew that the second option was clearly the best one for everyone else. He decided the first option would benefit him better than dying and he used the swords powers to sneak into the house invisible and stand behind Cancer. He raised the sword high above his head and prepared for Cancer to lose her head and fall bleeding, but the sword never hit her. An invisible barrier stopped the sword from hitting Cancer and had broken the invisibility spell on him. Cancer screamed and Rat drew a sword at him, the sword holder groaned and raised his sword. Rat lunged at him and he deflected and sent Rat spinning and crashing into a wall. Cancer grabbed the closest object to her, a frying pan, and began attacking him with all her rage. The sword holder deflected all her attacks and hit her off balance and then took his chance to nock her out again. Rat stood back up and began attacking him again, the sword holder was nocked off balance and was struck with Rat's sword. Blood spilled from his arm where he had been hit by Rat's sword, he groaned and stood back up. He used the swords powers to open a portal and retreat. He slumped down next to a large boulder and began treating his arm, the sword healed his arm much to the holders surprise. The sword flew out of his hand and lay next to him, almost as if it sensed how much pain and anger he was in. With his arm now fully healed he opened a portal back to the zodiac camp and called over his clone. He stabbed the clone and laughed as green blood poured out of it and it melted into the ground, he was looking forward to killing these zodiacs. Aquarius greeted him as he walked over to the camp "Hi your just in time for food" the sword holder smiled but quickly shook it off "Thanks" he replied and sat down around the fire they had made. He knew leaving Cancer and Rat alive was a problem, but he could fix it soon, for now he just needed food to regain his energy and think of a plan to destroy the zodiacs.