Chapter 14 Magic Items

Aries 

Aries woke up many times during the night, his nightmares of death kept returning to haunt him more. Aries had nightmares for as long as he could remember, his nightmare's were always of people he liked being murdered in brutal ways. In his dreams a man with dark black hair was always the murderer, he knew the mans face but he couldn't think of who it was. Aries lay in bed thinking of a plan until the morning. He never let his guard down around the zodiacs, he didn't believe it could be some of them but that didn't matter. The killer was among them, and he was going to figure out who, even if it meant sacrificing himself. "Alright lazy butts out of bed!" He yelled. To his surprise he saw Leo and Taurus walk out from behind a tree giggling about something to themselves. They both said good morning then sat down on a log together while staring lovingly into each others eyes. Aries rolled his eyes and faked gagged to Sagittarius who did the same back. Leo saw the little exchange between the two knights but decided to ignore it, she had already made up her mind that she would get them girlfriends. Aries helped prepare the meals for the zodiacs, that time he was on duty with Scorpio. Scorpio was dead silent the entire time they made the porridge, then he was completely silent until Aquarius spoke to him. Aquarius had also been very quiet after the whole 'he's the killer' thing had happened and Aries was relived to see him talking to Scorpio. He didn't trust Scorpio at all and he was willing to bet everything on Scorpio being the sword holder, Scorpio clearly knew Aries didn't trust him and ignored him most of the time. Aries narrowed his eyes and stared at Aquarius who glared back, then Aries turned to Libra and a large smile broke onto his face. Libra was just so beautiful to Aries and he would do anything for her, it was like they were made for each other. "Hey guys what's the huge flying circle?" Pisces asked in a half whisper. Ophiuchus turned around and let out a huge gasp and the others were quick to follow. Hovering a few feet above the ground was a flat circle object with a note attached to the bottom. Aries reached out to take the note, but his quickly jerked his hand back as the circle began to open and revealing just what it was. Written in cursive writing at the top of the circle were the words 'The Compass of Love' the needle in the compass began to spin around until it landed on Taurus. Everyone turned to Taurus and awaited his next move, which possibly stupidly was to reach for the note. Taurus's eyes scanned the note for a second and he then looked up with a face of complete shock. "Taurus of the zodiacs. this compass of love is designed to show who you can trust and who you should love, the compass will always point to your soulmate" Taurus read out and the compass snapped shut and shrank to a normal size before falling to the ground. Taurus picked up the compass and then his face turned a very dark red and he began muttering that it was broken. Aries looked at Taurus and felt his heart sink, if Taurus had received something from a higher being first did that mean he was better than him? Aries felt trapped in his own thoughts of failure as he watched the others all crown around Taurus to see the compass of love. "Hey! there's something else flying over there!" Gemini said as he pointed at a tree. Next to the tree was a glowing sword so bright you could see it glowing even during daytime. "Wow I wonder whose sword that is" Taurus said and the compass needle snapped at Aries as if saying he should go over to it. The sword holder grimaced as he saw the sword of the true meant for Aries, this wasn't going according to his plan at all. The sword holder was the only one who knew about the holy objects and how to use them, Taurus really needed to go now. Aries began walking towards the sword with caution, he went to grab his sword but stopped once he realized he didn't have it. Once he and the rest of the zodiacs were crowded around the sword a note on the handle of the sword flew out and hovered just above the sword. Instead of the note being read it had decided to announce itself "Hello Aries of the zodiacs, this magical sword is the Sword of the True and it will bring you great power in battle, use it well" the note then caught on fire and disappeared. "Wow! So not only are we magical teenagers sent to stop someone who wants to destroy us but we also get swords and compasses? man I really hope I get a ukulele instead, I hate fighting" Ophiuchus yelled and Pisces elbowed him in the ribs. Aries bent over and picked up the sword which stopped glowing. "Well nothing happe!!" Aries said as he was suddenly flung into the air by the sword. Only holding onto the sword he flew around the forest and then face dived back into the ground next to Libra who laughed and helped him up. Aries growled at the sword which made a twinkle noise back as if saying 'that wasn't my fault idiot." The appearance of the items struck Aries as danger instead of help, were higher beings saying they needed help and that they were about to be attacked? All of the other zodiacs were either playing with the compass or sword or in the other two water signs cases just sulking nearby. Pisces was still very upset about cancer and was very upset that everyone was letting their guard down with a killer on the loose with them, and Scorpio was just being Scorpio. "Alright True, how about we try that flying thing again?" Aries asked and the sword flew into his hand as if saying it was ready. The sword holder watched Aries take off and knew he had to act quickly, Taurus had to go now and with Aries gone was the best time. A huge pool of black mist surrounded and swallowed Taurus in a matter of seconds and all the zodiacs started screaming and Leo dived into the mist after her new found love. Once the mist had cleared Leo and Taurus were gone, leaving a huge grin on the sword holders face.