Chapter 33 Warning

Warning, this chapter contains some graphic and dark content, like seriously you have been warned.  

                                                                                            Pisces

Pisces held her breath as she watched her aunt walk down the long hallway. "Guard! What is going on?" the queen demanded and a guard stopped briefly to tell her. "The zodiacs have been spotted ma'am, all soldiers have been sent to fight" he said with a low bow before he turned to join his comrades and go to battle. Pisces felt more tears stream down her face and she wanted to charge at her aunt and demand why she did this. Aquarius quickly covered her mouth so she didn't let out a loud sob and disturb the queens little walk. "Shh, our hiding spot isn't exactly top notch" Aquarius hissed and Pisces nodded as she tried to calm down. They were hiding in plain sight but 40 feet of the ground, luckily for them they could hear Cetus's voice clearly due to the castle walls echoing so much. "I'm sorry" Pisces managed to get out but Aquarius shushed her. "It's alright, I know seeing her is hard" he said and Pisces nodded slowly. A loud scream came from the throne room and it was followed by more loud screaming from someone else. The rest of the soldiers had now entered the throne room along with the queen and more yelling could be heard. "I feel so useless" Pisces said through her tears and Aquarius sighed as he pulled her in for a hug. "Let's go, staying up here wont help anyone" he said and he help Pisces climb down the stone bricks they had used to get up. "Come on, we can find something to help the zodiacs" Aquarius said as he took Pisces hand and led her through the huge castle. 

They felt like they were wandering for hours in the huge castle, screams could be heard from every corner and both Aquarius and Pisces were crying as they tried desperately to find something that could help. "No we can't let them die" Aquarius sobbed and Pisces pulled him in for another hug, their fifth one in the last three minutes. The screams had died down and replaced with yelling, whoever was yelling was clearly losing the fight and Pisces prayed it wasn't one of the zodiacs. "I heard the voices over there" a man yelled and Pisces and Aquarius quickly scrambled away as they tried to outrun whoever had heard them. "There!" a voice yelled and Pisces ran faster than she ever had before. A net flew out from behind them and Aquarius's legs got tangled in it and he fell. "Run!" he screamed as he tried to get loose but Pisces ran over and pulled out her dagger. Aquarius scrambled to his feet once Pisces broke the net but it was too late and he was dragged into the arms of a guard. Pisces screamed as the guard placed a cold blade up to Aquarius's neck. Aquarius gulped and Pisces did the only thing she could think of doing, stabbing the guard with the dagger of the loved. The guard suddenly dropped Aquarius and took of his helmet reveling red hair and green eyes. The guard, clearly no older than twenty, gave Pisces a confused look. "What did you do to me?" he asked and he took step away from Pisces. The guard looked around before yelling out to the other guards that he didn't find anyone. "Follow me, I'll show you where the weapons are" the guard said and Pisces gave Aquarius a concerned look. "Why?" Aquarius asked and the guard shrugged. "I need to get back to the people I love and so do you, if we work together we can get it faster" he said before he turned around again "I'm Apus" he said before he lead them down a long hallway. 

Apus lead them around the castle and answered all their questions, he was recruited by the queen the same way Scorpio was, by threatening to take away the people he loved the most. "Has everyone here been threatened?" Aquarius asked and Apus nodded as he unlocked a door. "That's how they get soldiers here, or they take over villages and kill anyone who doesn't want to join the army" Apus said and he opened the door to the weapons room. "Pisces, me and Aquarius can enter the throne room but I will have to ask you to keep watch again" Apus said and Pisces nodded. "Yeah, now I understand just how bad I would be if I was in there" she said and Aquarius frowned. "Hold on, I think I still have Ophiuchus and my devices that Scorpio gave us, here" Aquarius said and he handed Pisces a small ear piece. "Now we can talk while I go" Aquarius said before he and Apus left Pisces alone in the weapons room. Pisces felt her nerves rise as she tried to listen for any sound, but the castle remained silent until a loud scream filled the castle walls. Pisces listen for a second before she realized she knew who was screaming, she got to her feet and darted out of the room before she began using the ear piece. "Aquarius your boyfriend sounds like he's being hurt!" she yelled and Aquarius immediately responded. "Scorpio isn't here, he was taken by Ox and no ones seen him for a while either" Aquarius yelled and Pisces began to run faster. She finally found a door where the screaming was coming from, she knew bursting in would be a bad idea if Ox was in there. She snuck over to the door and peered around the doorway. Her eyes widened as she took in what she was seeing, Ox was cutting lines into Scorpio's arm and Scorpio struggled desperately as he tried to break free from the chains. Scorpio's wrists were tied by chains attached to the ceiling and his ankles were tied by chains attached to the floor which left him the the perfect position for Ox to torture him. Pisces held her mouth as she heard Scorpio scream again as Ox stabbed him in the chest with the knife he had been using. Scorpio was sobbing as Ox cut his body, his arms and legs were already covered in cuts and a rope had been firmly tied around his neck so he was choking as he cried. Pisces was shaking as she heard his screams and pleads for Ox to stop, but Ox always hurt him worse every time he begged. "Please, please, just don't hurt the zodiacs" Scorpio sobbed before he let out another bloodcurdling scream. "If you keep opening your mouth like that I'll kill you like how I did with your sister" Ox yelled in Scorpio's face before looking at the doorway where Pisces was hiding. Ox finally turned away and walked over to a fireplace near the doorway, he grabbed a metal rod which turned white with heat before he walked back over to Scorpio.