Chapter 28

"How could this happen right now?" The Ketchum family and the Urup family are now in Alice's room, as Alice is sleeping on her bed, feeling a little pain from it.

Tox says, "It is a miracle that she didn't break her bones after falling from the horse. But there is a slight problem...I can't recognize any disease that Alice is having right now. All I know is that her body is weakening."

"I want to know, is her life in danger?" Ash asks.

"Since it is stable right now, I can say she's not in danger yet. However, I think we should try not to let her do some fierce movements since it might again endanger her health." Tox says.

"Ash...everyone..." They turn to see Alice slowly waking up, she tries to sit up, but Ash puts her down and says, "Alice, your body is still weak, you have to take a rest right now."

Alice frowns and says, "Great...I'm helpless, just like before..."

"Alice, you are not helpless." Eve says. "You were just sick, everyone gets sick all the time and they will feel better after some time."

"But I can't get sick right now...I want to help Ash..." Alice says.

"You've already helped me a lot, and I'm very thankful for it." Ash says. "Please, you're also an important person to me. I want you to stay better so we can do more things together."

Alice can only nod, but David says, "But what about the Gym inspection now that Alice is in this kind of state? And my gym is actually the next one."

"We still need to do it." Ash says. "I'm sure that some of the trainers there don't like to have their challenges ended because of Alice's misfortune."

Alice nods and says, "Don't worry about me...I think as long as I take a rest and do not do anything fierce, then I might be able to go with Ash as well. I refuse to be so weak in front of others."

"Alice..." The others can only sigh as they leave Ash and Alice alone in the castle room. Ash turns to Alice and says, "Alice, you're not weak, you're the strongest woman that I've ever seen in my life. I don't act weak in front of others because it's not necessary, I'm sure you feel the same way, right?"

Alice sighs as she says, "I'm tired...maybe you're right about that..." Then she closes her eyes again, and Ash decides to watch over her, hoping that she isn't going to be depressed in her sleep.

At the same time, Luke finds that his father is standing in front of him. Steven says, "Luke, we need to talk."

"What do you want to talk about, father?" Luke asks. "I just got a call that our Elite leader is sick and I was just about to visit her."

"Five years ago, you've run away from home and never called me. And then I heard that you've become a Gym Leader in this Region, what's your relationship with the Champion and the Elite Leader?" Steven asks.

"Do you want to know why I run away from home? The reason is simple. Unlike you, I believe that Ash Ketchum didn't kill his mother. Sure, there are witnesses, but I don't think that they are telling the whole truth. Let's say that picking the jewels with you a lot of years ago really helps me see through that."

"Luke, I personally don't think that Ash kills his mother as well, but I'm just doing this for the Hoenn Region's sake." Steven says. "I promise that we just want to learn answers from him instead of bringing him to jail."

"Really? I don't think you're lying about that." Luke says, "Back to my past, that's when I decide to find Uncle Wallace, and he was the one who brings me to Champion Red and Princess Aurora, who also knows the truth of Ash Ketchum. They pick me to be their Gym Leader and a job for me here."