Chapter 37

After getting out of the castle, Ash is walking on the road until he bumps into someone he doesn't want to see: Serena. He just wants to say, "Don't talk to me again! You may have a beauty almost comparable to Alice, but you're nowhere close to her. You only care about your own image as the Kalos Queen!" But then again, it will be really rude for her, so he merely says in a natural voice, "Hello, Serena. What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to the hospital so that I can visit Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Mallow, and Lana." Serena says.

"I see. We found them passed out in front of our castle gates, so I was wondering if they ignored our warning not to touch our electrical fences." Ash sighs. "By the way, I have some other business to do, so I'm going to leave."

"Wait." Serena says as she grabs his arm. "Could you save them? Like using your aura for instance? According to Cynthia, it seems like your family all have some supernatural powers manifested by something called Aura."

"Damn it..." Ash thinks, "They have a scholar on their side. No wonder she knows about the aura." Ash sighs and says, "I can't. Considering that I didn't develop any healing abilities with my aura."

But that is a lie, Ash has healing abilities, it is just that he doesn't want to use them to help those who killed his mother.

"Is that all you need?" Ash asks. "I already have my problems to deal with and I don't think I have time."

"What problems can you have?" Serena asks.

"Like how my Elite Leader is still unconscious in the bed and how we're trying to find a way to cure her?" Ash asks.

"How is she any more important than them?" Serena asks with slight jealousy.

"Simple. She is the one who created this region alongside me and also picked our leaders. Your friends on the other hand have been causing a lot of trouble for us, especially last time when that green-haired Connosseiur tried to poison my sister." Ash says. "So excuse me if I value my wife more than I value your friends."

"Wait, you're married? But I see no ring." Serena gasps with a hurt tone.

"Oops...I said that on a whim..." Ash thinks before saying, "Yeah, but it was a paper marriage. We didn't do the ceremony yet because of the League inspection. I mean, isn't that obvious? Considering she is the Sevestar Princess while I'm the Sevestar Prince."

"Oh. I was hoping we could go out for dinner together, but..." Serena frowns, and Ash also notices Alice approaching him. It is a good thing that Serena leaves before Alice manages to find Ash, but Alice already sees the whole thing.

"Alice, what are you doing?" Ash asks. "You should've stayed in bed."

"If you're not in the bed, I don't see a reason why I can't. After all, you transferred half of my Violet Depression into you, so we're basically the same." Alice says. "By the way, what is she talking about?"

"She wants me to save those who killed my mother." Ash says with a sigh. "I want to be angry, but I remember I also had the Violet Depression in me."

"Yeah, I see why you want me to think positive things, it will try to lessen the Violet Depression." Alice nods.

"Ah, there you are." Ash and Alice turn to see Lance walking toward them. Ash asks, "Lance? What's the matter?"

"Your sister has asked me and Diantha about the murder cases in Kalos. I thought I would have to ask one of your castle servants to deliver the documents for you, but it seems that I can just give you instead."

"Thanks, Lance." Ash says as he takes the files.

"And good to see you back up again, Alice." Lance says.