Chapter 40

Ash and Alice are now in the Rota Kingdom, they are wearing royal outfits and they are now sitting with Queen Ilene for dinner.

"You must be Alice, right? It is a pleasure to meet you." Queen Ilene says to Alice.

"The pleasure is mine, Queen Ilene." Alice bows to the queen.

"I have received your letter, Ash. You told me that you have made a decision as to who would be Rota's Crown Princess?" Queen Ilene asks.

"Of course." Ash smiles. "I've decided to make Princess Alice Rota's Crown Princess. I can readily testify that she is more than capable enough to handle all her duties."

"I see. I heard a lot of high expectations about her from my brother, he also told me how suitable she is for you. Congratulations." Queen Ilene says.

"Thank you, Queen Ilene." Ash grins. "Alice and I have been together for 4 years and we've faced a lot of challenges together. It is no wonder I will choose her as my princess."

"You're flattered." Alice says with a slight blush and nervousness in her tone. "If it wasn't for you, I was still living in misery."

"You two really make a good couple." Queen Ilene exclaims. "However, it is a shame that your other brothers and sisters won't be able to come."

"Everyone knows them as Champion Red's siblings. If anyone finds out that they are Ash Ketchum's siblings, there will be a huge trouble for them. The same can be said for my Dad. But don't worry, Lillie and Gladion will come." Ash says.

"I see." Queen Ilene says, "Forgive me for asking, Prince Ash, but what are your living arrangements in Kanto?"

"Alice and I are planning to stay at a hotel." Ash says.

"Why don't both of you stay in a guest room for tonight? I have a few prepared for couples." Queen Ilene offers.

"That's so nice of you, Queen, Ilene." Alice says, "But Ash and I really don't want to trouble you further. We did make a huge request through that letter after all."

"Don't worry about it." Queen Ilene says. "I do want to hear stories on how you two got together over the meals tomorrow. After all, the event's in the evening."

"Alright then." Ash says, "But Queen Ilene, in the letter, I have written about Alice and my situation. We have Violet Depression, and to cure this kind of disease, we need the Infinity Gems. One of them is in the Rota Kingdom. The Fighting Gem, also known as the Gem of Boosting. If it is possible, may we have the gem?"

Queen Ilene says, "Of course, I heard from my brother about how you try to sacrifice your health to save her. However, there is a slight problem with the gem. There is some sort of barrier surrounding it, and nobody is capable of getting it out of the place."

"We will like to try it out. However, it won't be today since tomorrow is a happy moment." Ash says.

"I see." Queen Ilene says as they continue to chat. Ash says, "By the way, Queen Ilene. Do you know that Alice is a good singer? We met because I was attracted to her singing voice. Inside the cold and unforgiving blizzard, she tries to stay strong as she dances and sings in the snow."

"That sounds amazing. I would really like to see you sing and dance." Queen Ilene says with a smile.

"We're having a dance ball tomorrow, and because of the Violet Depression, we would want to get more rest as possible so that we can give our best performances tomorrow." Alice says.

"Of course. I hope you can cure your Violet Depressions." Queen Ilene nods.

Once they are done, Ash and Alice decide to walk in the garden. A night walk in the garden is also beautiful, as they can also see some Luvdiscs swimming in the lake nearby.