Chapter 34

Thanks to Adam and Valerie's interference, Alice is now lying on her bed with an aura shield forming around her. All of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, Lillie, and Gladion are present, as they are worried about their Elite leader who is lying on the bed.

"Just what is going on? And what is this Violet Depression?" Nate asks.

"And why is Alice suddenly out of control of her aura?" Max asks.

Ash sighs and says, "It is my fault...I shouldn't have mentioned Violet Depression in front of Alice..."

"She might have found out sooner or later considering she knows how her health is decreasing." Valerie says. "I think you should explain everything to your friends who don't know anything."

Before they can explain, Chloe comes in and she has some bad news. Ash asks, "What's wrong, Chloe?"

"When Goh and I were on our way back to the lab, we found 6 of the traitors lying on the ground fainted in front of the castle's gate." Chloe says. "They were seemingly attacked, but no wounds and scars are on their bodies."

"What?" This causes the others to be confused. Ash asks, "You said the castle's gate? Don't tell me that they were also attacked by Alice..."

Golly says, "I guess we have to explain the whole thing from the start. When an aura user is physically and mentally scarred to an extent, Violet Depression occurs. This kind of disease will cause the aura inside the victim to attack herself, leaving only fewer years to live."

This causes everyone to gasp, Ash says, "If Alice doesn't know the term, the aura inside her won't be able to attack us. But now that she knows...that's why her aura is starting to attack everyone in sight."

"I can't believe Alice has this kind of disease and you didn't tell us..." Eve says. "Is there a way to save her?"

"When we were little, Golly suffered the same disease and that's why she died." Ash says, "But I am not going to let Alice die and revive her. It's too painful for her to endure."

"We've searched every document about the disease, and eventually we found a sole survivor of this disease: Victoria Silverlind. She is a Galar native who lives a lot of centuries ago. However, her history of her is lost because of the Galar royalty destroying everything."

"So that's why you've called me here." They turn around and they notice an old lady standing in front of them: The former Fairy Type Gym Leader of Galar: Opal.

"Ms. Opal. You're here." Ash says with delight.

"It sure has been a while, Ash Ketchum." Opal says, and this causes them to get worried since she knows his true identity. "You don't need to worry, I don't trust the fact that you kill your mother."

"That's good to hear. So can you tell us about Victoria Silverlind? We really want to save Alice and anything related to her is going to help a lot." Ash says.

"Before I answer that, I'll give you a quiz." Opal says. "Question: How did the Silverlind Family end? 1. Being treated as witches. 2. Offended the royal family."

"Is it being treated as witches? Considering at that time, the term aura was not in other regions except for Kalos and Rota." Minami asks.

"Correct." Opal says. "Victoria Silverlind got the disease and the Galar Region suffered from it. To save her, her family has searched far and wide for a cure. And they've found the cure: The Infinity Gems."

"The Infinity Gems?" Everyone asks in confusion.

"Question: How many Infinity Gems are there? 1. 6, 2. 18." Opal asks.