Chapter 58

After Serena arrives at the jail, she manages to get permission to visit her "so-called" friends, who are sitting in the cell. All of them couldn't believe that they have been found out for their murder, or that they are getting death sentences despite their young age.

Every one of them has sacrificed Delia's life, and it was all for nothing, and in the process, destroyed everything they have worked so hard for. It's all over for them. They have seen the evidence that had ruined them, it was the conversation with Golly. They can't believe that Ash has 5 siblings and he has been hiding the truth from them, Golly's mother is also Ash's mother, meaning that she is also doing this for revenge. They now hope that a miracle can save them.

Just then, they hear footsteps and all of them look to see who it is. It is Serena, accompanied by a policewoman. "Serena!" Everyone gasp as she has come, but they flinch after seeing her face.

"I can't believe you guys! You made it very clear years ago that it was Ash who killed his own mother and I trusted you!" Serena says with a glare.

"What can we say? We didn't want to be found out. We wanted to stay out of jail." Misty says.

"We had families to take care of as well." Brock admits.

"So you have no remorse for what you've done?" Serena asks angrily.

"It's true that we did kill Delia, but we didn't antagonize the Elites, or try to rape Ash to get him to listen to you." Trip says. "That was all you. You didn't hear him out before ordering him to be taken in for questioning."

"Shut up." Serena clenches her fists. "You were the one who plan all of this. And you have the nerve to involve all of his friends."

"But friends should help friends, it's no different." Iris says.

"You were supposed to be the Champion!" Serena glares at Iris. "But then again, I am just here because I have some things to tell you. First, even though I didn't commit a crime, but the fact that I made Ash and the others miserable, I decided to resign my role as the Kalos Queen."

"What? You resign your role as the Kalos Queen?" Dawn gasps in shock.

"After all, not only your Unova Champion role, but my Kalos Queen role also helped you to get to where you were. Now that it is gone, your achievements would be as good as null."

"But..." Mallow decides to say, but Serena says, "Nothing matters anymore. I can't help you anymore, I won't be able to overturn your sentence handed to you. So you should get in touch with your families and say your goodbyes or something."

"But surely, what about Cynthia and Leon? They supported you, right?" Brock asks.

"They suffered worse than me considering that they are Champions, I heard they have lost their positions as well. But there is no point." Serena says.

"No point? What do you mean by that?" May asks.

"I mean there's no point in helping when you're the ones who have ruined everything." Serena says in a cold tone. "I went out of my way to help all of you with your careers, but it hasn't done right for me at all. I don't understand why you would like to hide your own crimes and walk as if nothing happened? You were willing to kill someone and frame another. Not to mention, portray yourselves as the victims. Did you actually think I wouldn't be upset once I realize that?"

"Serena, we...she wasn't supposed to die, we...we didn't want our lives to be ruined, so..." Clemont says.

"Did you ever consider the possibility that when you got found out, it would be even worse, or were you hoping that Ash would be falsely convicted for your crime?" Serena asks.