Chapter 56

Everyone is now surprised as they can't believe what they've heard, Champion Red is Ash Ketchum all this time. However, a few people already know the truth as they are smirking as Ash finally reveals himself.

"You know about this the whole time?" Seibold asks Diantha, who nods, "We know, but we have promised to keep the whole thing a secret."

"That means all of you know about the whole thing as well?" An Unova Elite Four member, Catelin, asks.

"We did, we knew it from the start, but it wasn't our secret to tell." Elline says.

"If you told us, we could have-" Cynthia starts, but Reisa says in disgust, "Could have what? Arrest him? Made me admit his non-existent guilt?"

"As Elline said, it wasn't our place to tell and we certainly weren't going to question our leader." Luke says.

"Hold on, so all this time you've been with Ash?" Steven asks his son.

Serena was also at the scene as she manages to hear everything Ash has said, she can't believe Ash is Red this whole time. She turns to the Sevestar Leaders with a glare, "Your princess has been making some questionable decisions lately."

"She has other's best interests at heart with her decision, which is more than I can say for you." Eve is the one who snaps back.

"Indeed. Between those five years and even recently, you could have easily slipped into his life and made him yours. but you didn't. You believed what the others say like some sheep and now he's Aurora's, or should I say Alice since that is her real name. Had you believed in him, Alice would never have stood a chance with him." Drandon says.

"You know, of all the people Ash had met, I think you're the one that surprised me the most." Golly says. "You're a Kalos Queen, you could have easily used your connections to investigate to see if Brother really did the deed during those years. But you chose to take the easy way out and accuse him without any evidence other than seeing him with the knife."

"Golly, not you too..." Serena gasps, and so are the traitors, isn't she on their side?

"Why no? Considering that it's also MY Mother who is killed, everything I've done is to avenge her." Golly says with a cold tone.

Everyone turns to Alice, who has yet to speak a word. However, she simply leveled an icy glare at all of them, clearly telling them that she did not owe them any answers, before turning to leave.

Serena decides to chase after her, and she asks, "You kept a known killer all this time. How could you obstruct justice like this? Do you really think you can get away with this?"

"I'm not even trying to get away with anything." Alice says with a cold tone. "You aren't a saint either. You wanted to give Ash a chance to escape his so-called justice by forcing him to drink a drug so you can make him a rapist as well."

"I just want the best for everyone, unlike you." Serena says.

"See, there's a difference between you and me. I don't try to justify my actions by hiding behind a moral or ethical facade." Alice says.

"If Ash loses the trial, all of you will be seen as an accomplice." Serena warns, "The Sevestar Region will also be ruined."

"But if Ash wins the trial, you would be seen as someone who obstructed justice by helping murderers with their Pokemon careers and hounding an innocent guy." Alice says, "You might even be stripped of Kalos Queen status."

Serena hesitates since from what she has heard, Alice has the upper hand here. Alice says, "Today is the trial to see if Ash really is the murderer. And I can tell you, we have gathered enough evidence, and we're going to win the trial no matter what."