Chapter 36

Ash is now sitting beside Alice's bed, Alice hasn't woken up after Ash managed to carry her back into the bed, and inside the shield, he can also see the aura inside like some sort of turbulence.

"Pikachu, what if I transfer some of the Violet Depression inside me? Do you think I will be able to save Alice from it?" Ash asks.

"What are you talking about?" Pikachu gasps in horror. "If you do that, then your aura is going to hurt you..."

"Do you think I'm going to care about that? Alice is my girlfriend, it will be painful for me to watch her go like this. I want her to be my Crowned Princess, and I want to marry her..." Ash says.

"But what about proving your innocence? We have traitors to take care of." Pikachu continues to ask.

"We've already made them suffer, remember what happened back in Fiero City?" Ash asks.

"Right, you have Lillie suffer a little to get your revenge on Cilan. And now who's left?" Pikachu asks.

"You know, we've already pranked all of them. And there is still Golly's plan in motion." Ash says. "But right now, Alice's health is important to me..."

"We know that Violet Depression needs the gems to cure, but isn't there some way to put off the death time?" Pikachu asks.

"Put off the death time..." Ash says. "If the Hazardness of the Violet Depression is reduced, will it put off the death time?"

"What do you mean?" Pikachu asks. "Like some sort of transfer?"

"There are no statistics about what will happen if I transfer Violet Depression to another person... Alice is my other half, then I'll be the one to take her other half of Violet Depression. I am willing to try."

Pikachu knows that he can't stop Ash, he can hope that everything goes well. Ash puts his hand inside the barrier, holding Alice's hand as he starts to exchange some of their aura. Ash feels pain because of it, but he doesn't want to give up. After feeling the winds gone, Ash lets go of Alice's hand and rests on the floor.

"That sure is painful...I wonder how Alice is able to endure everything..." Ash gasps a little.

"So what is going to happen then?" Pikachu asks. "I don't feel your aura attacking me."

"It might mean that the Violet Depression will still try to kill us, but not going to harm others." Ash says as he deactivates the aura shield forming around Alice, and much to their delight, Alice's aura isn't attacking them.

"I'm glad that worked..." Ash says with a sigh of relief. But then he starts to remember what happened before Alice is unconscious. "But how am I going to let Alice know that my heart is hers? Before she falls unconscious, she has been thinking that I don't love her anymore... because of the disease, she thinks I'm better with another person instead of her."

Pikachu thinks for a second before rushing towards his room, after a while, he manages to bring a music box. Ash turns the winder and then some music comes out, Ash says, "I know this song...I have to against all odds if that is what I am going to take..."

Suddenly, he feels that the courage is flowing in his mind, and he knows what to do. Ash says, "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything...With music, I can communicate with others...and I could reach Alice's heart. Good idea, Pikachu."

Then Pikachu starts to spin the winder and then the music comes out. As the prelude is playing, everyone in the castle, including the Ketchum siblings and the Masho family, hears it and they are confused.

Mark, Gladion, and Trenor are inside their room playing chess, just as they hear the sound, Mark asks, "Trenor, do you know what is that sound?"

"Sounds like a winder, but who is using it?" Trenor says.