Chapter 32

In the morning, Ash and Alice notice that Queen Ilene of Rota is on the news, as well as him still as a lab fellow under Professor Cerise with Goh and Chloe in the picture. They also notice the words "Crown Prince Ash" and then the small letters, "Rota's Next Ruler."

When they are now in the living room, all of Ash's former travel companions and rivals who didn't betray Ash are there. Even Goh, who was still traveling around the region for Mew.

"Goh? When did you come here?" Ash asks.

"Yesterday, I visit my girlfriend first before coming here." Goh says as Chloe nods. "But you have some explaining to do."

"Yeah, I don't think anyone would believe me." Ash says.

"Indeed. Being a Crowned Prince, huh?" Gary asks.

Ash reads the story and he feels kind of unfair that the news leaves his father and his siblings out while only he is on the news, and considering that he is a so-called criminal who killed his mother, this is going to get worse for him.

"It is a good thing that the news says you are innocent. So there will be doubts cast upon whether you actually killed your own mother five years ago." Paul says.

"That's true. Though I foresee problems...in the form of marriage contracts." Gary says.

"That is only if he reveals his identity. But Gary is right. Since the article said that the coronation ceremony would commence once you go to Rota to claim the throne, it's better to crown the Crown Princess as well. In other words, your wife."

"I don't see why that has to be the problem. Considering I already have someone that I want." Ash says, with Alice blushing a little.

"Yeah, we kinda heard your voices." Mark says, "Pretty loud I must say."

This causes both Ash and Alice to blush really hard, as the others can only chuckle at them.

After getting to Rotaeel City, they are now bringing the Champions team to Mt. Fortana. Ash says, "Mt. Fortana, like other mountains and caves in the other regions, is a place filled with mazes. Some of the caves are dark and you will need the HM for Flash to go inside."

Then they head inside the mountain and they have to go through some strength puzzles and rock smash puzzles. (Rock Smash is obtained from the leader of Team Rainbow Phoenix when first meeting in Emerald Forest, while Strength is obtained from Oceablu Concert) They also pass through a Regi Temple for Regirock, and the possible exit for Fiero City, which is where the next gym is. (In the game, it will be blocked by workers who said that it's unstable to leave)

Ash also has an Eeveelution to help him guide him through the area, and Ash says, "This is Zirconeon. The crystals on its head radiate in various colors depending on its mood. They turn black when it gets irritated."

"Indeed, we should also be careful not to irritate her. It evolves from Eevee by using the Dawn Stone. And it has Filter and Lightning Rod as the Ability and Wonder Skin as the hidden ability." Alice says. "She is also good at memorizing roads, so with her by our side, we won't get lost that easily."

"Now let's talk about this place. The biggest attraction of the mountain is that it is similar to the Grand Underground in the Sinnoh Region. There are a lot of mine rocks, and you can try getting some fossils around here."

"Not just fossils, shards, gems, evolution stones, and maybe you can also find an Odd Keystone for Spiritomb in here as well." Alice says.

Then Ash decides to give them each a Mining Kit (In the game, you get one from a hiker in the secret area), and they try to get some gems and fossils. After they are done, they also continue climbing and get to the top of the mountain.