Chapter 18

That night, Ash and Alice are now staying at the FS Resort's Golden Suite, which is a suite that is always for them to stay in. Ash is standing on the balcony, looking at the ocean. A figure walks toward Ash, and it is his girlfriend Alice.

"You really should be getting some rest." Alice says as they watch the waves gushing to the beach before going back to the ocean.

"I know. But the night air's sweet, isn't it?" Ash asks.

"You're right. It is also a perfect view to reflect on some things." Alice says.

Then both of them fall silent for a couple minutes, until Alice breaks it, "What were you thinking about? Your mother?"

Ash shakes his head, "More like how the two of us have one thing in common. We have something dark happen to us that allows becoming our region's protectors and leaders without even thinking."

"I guess you're right." Alice says. "For some reason, those memories of what I've suffered in childhood have been coming back to me. Every time I've thought about it, I can feel pain in my heart..."

Ash widens his eyes, so this is what the Violet Depression means, and when an aura is released, her heart would be attacked. Alice asks, "Do you think something bad is going to happen to me?"

Ash assures her and says, "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. Try to think of the happy times we spent together, maybe that'll help you forget the memories of a bad past."

Alice smiles at how Ash really cares for her, she nods and says, "Night Ash. I'll go to sleep right now."

"Night Alice." Ash says, then both of them all fall asleep.

The next day, Ash and Alice gathered the Champions and their trainers at Max's gym. The one battling him is no other than his sister, May, who seems to be confident to defeat Max, but Max proves otherwise by defeating May in a ruthless way, causing her to be depressed a lot.

After the battle, Alice decides to leave because of the movie filming in Elmososha Town, afraid of her Violet Depression, Ash has Greninja spy on her so that he will know what is going to happen to her.

Ash is walking in the park of the resort when he notices Serena walking towards him with two ice cream cones.

"Here, this is for you." Serena gives Ash a chocolate-flavored ice cream, Ash nods as he takes the cone. Pikachu and the invisible Arceus look at each other, not liking the way this is going.

"Why don't we take a walk?" Serena asks, and Ash can only nod. While walking on the road, Serena asks, "So about your Elites and your Gym Leaders, how did you pick them? And why do you pick them?"

Ash says, "Every Gym Leader and Elite Four member here in the region is chosen by Aurora and me. We travel around the region together and find those who are suffering. After carefully picking, we find our ideal leaders and train them to have their role."

"That sounds amazing. But I am surprised you would find May's little brother to be the Gym Leader." Serena says.

"When we found him, he was at Hoenn outskirts as he told me he wanted to leave Hoenn as soon as possible." Ash says. "He told us that somebody is chasing after him, so we bring him here not only for his protection but also to train him to become the Fighting Gym Leader."

In Serena's opinion, she thinks that Max was trying to hide from the murderer Ash, and that's why he comes to the Sevestar Region, but what she doesn't know is that what she thinks is 100% not true. Pikachu and Arceus look at Serena with a cold stares, sure, she tries to hang out with Ash right now, but they know that Alice is a better choice than her. With her kindness and her skills, Pikachu already wants her to be Ash's mate. Alice would make the hottest wife in the entire Sevestar Region, considering that she's a model, an actress, a singer, and other things combined.