Unleash the Storm

I was currently chilling on the couch within Marco's house all on my own. It had been only a day since Star's Magical Marco Beard Mishap (as Vanellope jokingly called it), but things felt pretty tense in the house. And it was because the two magic magnets, Star and Marco, had a bit of a blow up in the morning over an adventure they just had. I didn't want to fan the flames, so I just left them to their own devices. I was currently in the kitchen sitting at the table with Gladius, Steve and Jenny.

"I never would have thought those two would blow up like that", Steve said, reading through one of his enchanted books.

"They didn't really blow up, per say", I corrected. "They obviously just need some time apart. Clear their heads, and all that."

"I'm with Caleb", Jenny said in agreement. "I've had this happen between me and Brad sometimes, so I totally get what they're going through."

"Well, whatever it is", Ralph said as he sat down at the table with us, a glass of juice in hand, "I just hope they make up. I feel like we're close to figuring out why Gladius can't make portals."

I looked up at him in surprise. "You are? What do you think it could be?"

He, Jenny and Steve all shared a look, then faced me again and said simultaneously "The crystal."

"The crystal?" I said, confusion replacing my surprise. "Why do you think it's that thing?"

"Because we've looked all over this town, top to bottom", Jenny explained in exacerbation. "Multiple times. That stupid rock is the only magical thing here aside from all of Star's stuff. We need to smash it."

"Or have Star blast it so it's powerless", Steve added. "Glossaryck, from what Alfur told me, seems to be willing to help us with that."

"Well, that's reassuring", I said in a relieved tone. My attention, however, was drawn to the living room when a police officer walked in. Overcome with curiosity, I made my way over, seeing Majima standing nearby, Star pacing next to the officer while rambling, and Rafeal and Angie huddled on the couch, gripping one of Marco's sweaters tightly.

"Majima", I whispered to the man as the other three came to my side. The eyepatched man faced me, a tint of anger in his eye. "What's going on?"

"That fucking Kappa kidnapped Marco", he snarled in a whisper. The four of us gasped. "That stupid fly told the princess to head to his castle alone."

I was staring up at him wide-eyed, then looked at Star in pure shock. I dashed right at her, and she faced me, tears threatening to leave her eyes. "Caleb..."

"Majima told us", I said, holding her by the shoulders to keep her steady.

"It's just... If we hadn't fought..." Star began, nearly bursting into tears.

"Star, it's okay", I reassured her, "Friends fight, it happens. Don't blame all of this on yourself." The princess sniffed, then nodded sadly. I turned around and saw Steve heading upstairs, while the others talked with Marco's parents. I looked back to Star with a determined look. "We're coming with you."

"What?" Star said in shock. "No! I was supposed to go alone!"

"Like hell you are!" Majima shouted, joining my side. "That stupid kappa hasn't done anything like this since we've gotten here. Because of that, you aren't going alone."

Star looked between the two of us, took a deep breath, then gave us a serious look. "You're right." She pulled out her scissors. "Let's go-"

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Steve's scream sounded off. Everyone in the living room snapped their heads to the stairs as the block man came running down. His eyes were wide. "THE CRYSTAL IS GONE!"