Rise To The Peak

I awoke tired and grumpy, with my hair a messy mop. And it was all because of a loud conversation happening right outside the bedroom, which had its door wide open.

I was utterly alone, so I made my anger known with a snarl and pillow throw towards the sound. It was instantly silenced, and I could feel multiple pairs of eyes on me. I snarled again and completely buried myself under my blanket, attempting to block out all light and sound.

There was a moment of silence, and then the sounds of leaving footsteps. I sighed, relaxing as the tension left my body. For a bit, I thought I was allowed to return to my peaceful slumber, but that was thrown out the window when I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and gently shake.

"WHAT?!" I snarled, snapping into a sitting position and facing the unfortunate soul who had to get me up.

Marco jumped back with wide-eyes, then flinched. "Sorry, dude. It's just that you overslept for a whole two hours, and we didn't really want to bother you. We know you can be very... intense... when you're forced to wake up."

"Yeah..." I groaned, rubbing my face roughly. "So, what happened?"

Marco oddly hesitated.

"Marco?"

"Whatever followed us here... came back last night."

I immediately stiffened and stared at my brother wide-eyed. "What?"

"There was a massive slash on the TARDIS' front door. On the outside shell. And when the Powerpuffs investigated, they saw similar slashes on a few of the trees. Otherwise, though, nothing."

I stared at Diaz for a long moment, before sighing in exhaustion. "Alright, fine, that's a reasonable thing to force me up. But like I said, we should let this thing come to us, or make itself known."

"We know", Marco said, rubbing his hands together nervously. "Just... nervous, is all. Galacta is on high alert, because he's worried we brought something along that's as strong as him."

"It won't be, bro. I promise."

That calmed Diaz down, and he gave me a grateful look. He quietly nodded and walked out of the room, leaving me on my own to get ready for the day. And I did just that, changing out of my pyjamas, putting on my glasses, and heading over to the kitchen to grab a quick bite to eat.

I passed by a still eerily silent Izzy, a plotting trio of Powerpuffs, Barranco and Dave testing weapons, and Ralph keeping careful watch over the younger ones.

When I made it into the kitchen, Maria and Amy were having a very quiet conversation. It must've involved me, because they quickly glanced at me, then shifted so their backs faced me more. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, but brushed it off and quickly grabbed an apple. I left the kitchen as I took a bite, searching for my bladed companion.

It didn't take long, as I caught a glimpse of him heading outside after Jenny. Curiosity peaked, I followed after them, and stepped outside into the green sky of Camp Lakebottom.

The TARDIS was still resting between two of the cabin's, the camper's cabin and one of the counsellor cabins. Jenny, Galdius and Majima were around the back of the Time Machine with Sawyer and the short lunch lady I met yesterday, Rosebud. The five were studying the slashes on the wood, and when I saw them, Marco wasn't telling the full truth.

There were slashes all over the shell, not just the door. Some were deeper than others, but all were noticeable. It was obviously a threat of some kind, but I didn't let it faze me. Although I felt the marks were oddly... familiar. It looked like it was from a claw with teeth. And that felt... off to me.