Misadventures With A Washing Machine

I awoke to the sound of what I thought was like a strangled goose barking at passerby. With a groan, I slowly crawled out of the tent and looked to see a group of Rabbids surrounding a very irritated Zomboss. Ruby and Iris were off to the side silently watching while Blossom and her sisters relaxed on some nearby lawn chairs. Commander was next to my tent, eyeing his brethren with distest.

I shuffled out and stood at my full height next to him, forcing him to crane his head up.

"Nice to see you up..." Our Rabbid grumbled.

"Yeah, I'm a heavy sleeper", I said with a smirk. It then fell as I looked at my zombie companion once again. "How and why are they all here?"

Commander Rabbid sighed. "I was on my way over, but that was apparently enough to make them all rush here. Although I did hear that some of them noticed your fire pit last night."

I frowned, deciding to help my friend with his situation. I wiggled around the Rabbids and made it to Zomboss' side, who gave me a relieved look.

"Thank goodness you're up", he said, "As you can see, I'm busy dealing with these ignorant simpletons." He shook his leg when one of the Rabbids clung to it. "Please tell me you have an idea to get rid of them."

"Only one way", I said with a shrug. I picked up one of the intrusive creatures by the ears, and they all looked up at me. I smiled down at them all sweetly, looked at the Rabbid I was holding...

And I drop-kicked the Rabbid over the tree line.

The others all let out cries and scattered, but some weren't fast enough and I was able to scoop them up and punt them away beyond the trees. This made the remaining Rabbids more frantic, and they all ran away into the surrounding wilderness towards the junkyard.

I dusted my hands together and smiled at Zomboss, who's jaw dropped in shock. "Best way to get rid of Rabbids is scared them away with violence", I said proudly.

Zomboss shook the shock out of his head, and gave me a smirk. "Wow, never thought you'd have that sort of action within you."

I shrugged as Commander came up to my side. "You got to do what you got to do when it comes to Rabbids."

Our Rabbid companion watched as his kind all fled in terror silently. "Well... you aren't wrong about that. We are resilient. And stubborn."

I nodded, and Zomboss scoffed. "Massive understatement."

"Honestly, they must've latched onto Zomboss because he was a scientist", Commander explained. "There's this tube that connects to this lab, and Rabbids that are dumped there are sent to our junkyard."

The zombie scientist hummed. "I see... Well, as long as they stay away from us, then I'm happy."

He wandered off, leaving me and Commander alone. I gave my zombie friend a flat look, but didn't say anything else.

"Meh, it's best he doesn't get roped up with Rabbids", Commander said with a shrug. "Considering the stuff we've built, he'd be sucked down a rabbit hole that's impossible to escape." As the Rabbid walked away, something in my head suddenly flashed.

"I forgot you had that Time Machine", I mentioned as I walked to his side. "What, has something happened to it?"

Commander shook his head. "Nah, nothing happened. Scribbles just doesn't want to run his monthly maintenance on it as a sort of protest, but for what I don't know."

I was silent for a moment. "Can I see it?"

The Rabbid froze in his tracks, then looked up at me. He had a look of disbelief in his eyes. "Seriously?"