Grasswalk

I was currently resting on Ralph's back as we all coasted through the stained glass portal. Galacta was able to stop me from tumbling all the way through, and set me on the wrecker's back. I sighed in relief as Gladius glided on over to check on me, and I smiled, telling him I was okay. After that, we all grouped up and flew through the portal at a stable pace. I smiled over at Star and Marco, who were both riding on Cloudy, and Galacta, who was gliding next to Steve and Majima. I felt so free, so happy. So much so I let out a loud, happy sigh and fell backwards, lying on my back on my large friend.

Ralph chuckled a bit. "Feeling better, kid?"

"You know it", I said happily. I sat back up. "I'm so ready to be heading on our way. It was nice to stay at Marco's place, but I just want to get home. Hopefully we don't have much farther to go..."

"You never know, Caleb", Jenny said, "You've been through so many worlds already, and you met all of us."

"She's got a point", Steve added. "Heck, we could have another Galacta situation for all we know." He suddenly flinched. "Uh, no offence, Galacta."

"None taken", the knight said bitterly. "If this is what my mistakes created, I'll take them to my grave."

Vanellope, who was riding on Jenny's back with Hilda, Twig and Alfur, scoffed. "Just be happy we didn't leave you behind, Chicken Wing."

"C'mon, guys, can't we just get along?" Star whined, soaring over in the middle of all of us. "We're all exploring the endless multiverse! The actual one", she corrected, "So we should try and work together."

"Star's right", Marco said, "So let's try and not rip each other to shreds."

Galacta grunted and fell silent, and Vanellope crossed her arms and pouted. Hilda giggled, and Majima let out a laugh. I rolled my eyes at my friends all bickering amongst each other, but I chose not to add anything. Gladius then sheathed himself down the back of my shirt. I looked over my shoulder and shot him a questioning look.

"I'm just resting my wings", he said casually, "I can't fly forever."

I shrugged and nodded, looking back to what was in front of us. The portal continued far into the distance, no sign of the exit, so I let out a sigh and began to look around at my friends. Nothing that interesting was happening, so I cleared my throat to spark a conversation.

"So, where do you guys hope we'll end up?" I asked everyone.

"Home", Gladius said. I shot him an unamused look.

"I know what you want", I spat, "I was asking the others."

Jenny hummed in thought. "Probably a place with an inventor who can fix me up. I'm kinda frustrated I'm forced to be a walking pile of scrap."

"I'm with Jenny", Steve added, "Because then it could be a world where we can get an actual break. I'm getting tired of the constant danger."

"You're fucking right, block man", Majima said gruffly with a nod.

"Yep", Vanellope and Hilda said simultaneously. Twig barked in agreement with them.

"As much as I love documenting all that we've seen", Alfur admitted, "It would be nice to encounter a world with... less hostile environments." The elf shivered. "I still can't believe Ralph and I survived that long..." Hilda looked up at her tiny friend sadly.

"Meh, I'm cool with whatever", Star said with a shrug. "As long as I get to beat up bad guys, I'm happy." She posed heroically, pointing her wand upward."

"As nice as that would be", Marco suddenly said, bringing Star's arm down, "It would be nice to use this as a way to get in a little vacation." Star 'hmph'ed' and pouted, but didn't counter back.