Shattered Cries

I looked up at Galacta Knight, once again in fear. Twig growled viciously at the knight while Janna and Jackie just looked up in confusion.

"Dude, is that the knight you told me about?" Janna said, jabbing a thumb at Galacta. "He doesn't seem so bad."

"You'd be surprised", I said in a strained tone. I quickly picked up Twig as Galacta Knight stared us down.

Jackie glared at him. "So, he's done something to Star and Marco?"

"And the others", I explained. "He has Ludo's Dimensional Scissors, and he opened rifts to who knows where."

"Pfft, yeah", Janna said nonchalantly. I gaped at her, as I couldn't believe she could be this cocky. "Trust me dude, I got this." She cupped her hands and began to shout up at Galacta. "YO, BUDDY! YOU SAY YOU'RE SO POWERFUL? THEN PROVE IT!"

"Janna!" I cried fearfully. I looked up and saw Galacta didn't even flinch.

"See? All bark, no bite", she said while crossing her arms. Suddenly, the knight puffed out his wings and rushed right at us. I cried in terror and grabbed Janna's arm, pulling her out of the way. Jackie quickly dodged with us, and Galacta crashed into the ground. Time seemed to slow down for a second as I stared into Galacta's eyes, his gaze burning into my soul. After that, he sent out a shockwave that kicked all the chips from the pavement away from him. He then locked onto me and fired some of his energy blades right at me.

"Watch out!" I yelled. We all ducked as the blades soared over us, hit the wall behind us, and bounced back. Once they hit another hard surface, they exploded in a bright orange light, scorching the surrounding area. I had pulled Janna and Jackie behind a bench, with Twig glued to my side.

"Okay", Janna said as she glanced around the bench at the knight. "I see what you mean."

"And this is the thing that was in the crystal Marco said you guys had?" Jackie said fearfully.

I nodded. "Yep. And the worst of it is this guy is a walking doomsday. He's a planet killer."

"Oh, well that's great!" Janna shouted quietly. "What's the plan?"

"The plan is you two getting out of here", I said. "Me and the others can deal with him. When I find them..."

Twig barked, and I recoiled at Galacta slashed the bench into splinters. Janna grabbed Jackie's hand and led her away, while I ran in the opposite direction.

"Hey, Galacta!" I called. The knight snapped his head at me, and bolted at me. "Uh oh", I said quietly as I swayed out of the way of him. But he was smart, spinning so he could deliver a kick right into my abdomen. I let out a wheeze as all the air left my body in one moment, and I collapsed on the ground, clutching my middle. Twig snarled and leaped at the knight, but a swift backhand knocked him right to my side. I could barely see Galacta, but I could tell he was lifting his lance to strike me down.

"DAGGER CRYSTAL HEART ATTACK!"

My eyes snapped open as Star and Steve jumped out of a rift, the princess firing dagger hearts at the kight. He was caught off guard by their sudden entrance, unable to block Star's attack. He was hit hard and was sent into some lockers, sending a few scattered papers flying. With him dealt with, my two friends rushed to my aid.

"Caleb!" Steve said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm..." I paused to cough. "... fine. He just got me in the stomach." I took a deep breath in.

"You have no idea how worried we were!" Star said in worry. She picked up Twig and gently hugged him close. "We're lucky I didn't lose my scissors, otherwise we'd all be done for."