Zombopolis Rock

I awoke with a start when I heard a loud plane fly above me. I silently groaned as I carefully left the tent so as to not disturb my tent mates, which were Star and Marco, to see what all the noise was about. I blinked as I stepped into the morning light, and looked up to see a corn cob plane fly over the park towards the rustic mountains in the distance. I did a big stretch and yawn, looking over to a nearby bench. Majima and Galacta both resting on it, silently watching the plane fly by, so I walked up and sat next to them.

"'Sup", Majima greeted with a nod.

"Good morning, Caleb", Galacta said with a bow, "I see the Plants mobilising woke you up."

"Yeah", I said, stretching again, "What's that all about?"

"I guess those undead shitheads are doing something in... Mount Steep?" Majima said. He sighed. "That's such a fucking stupid name."

"Really?" I said. I looked at Galacta. "Do you know what they're up to?"

Galacta shook his head and shrugged. "No idea. But if it doesn't involve us, I'd rather it stay that way."

This made Majima lean forward and shoot the knight a questioning look. "But aren't you some crazy powerful knight that loves to shit on weaker losers?"

"Yes", Galacta affirmed, "But after what happened in Butterfly and Diaz's world, I'd rather save my full strength for only when it's totally necessary. Otherwise cities will be levelled."

"That's... really mature of you, Galacta" I said in a surprised tone.

"I just believe with this journey", the knight began, "We can all use it as a chance to expand our horizons and become who we want to without restrictions. At least, I'll take advantage of that."

"Yeah, but I won't", Majima saidas he leaded back, "I'm happy with who I am. Fucking crazy and not ashamed to admit it."

I smiled at the two of them, but then I felt my smile fall. "It's nice to be able to change who you are. I tried to do that, but it didn't really work out..."

Majima leaded forward with a confused look, and opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced when Galacta held up a hand at him. "You're here now", the knight said to me, "No matter what happened in the past can harm you now. You just need to move on."

I nodded somberly, partially thankful Galacta stepped in before anything else could come spilling out. I then jumped, snapping out of my thoughts, when another two planes soared overhead. They were a lot faster than the first one, which made me suspicious. This was enough to wake the others, as they all slowly climbed out of the tents. They all rubbed their eyes, stretched and yawned as they all walked up to us and watched the planes travelled to the rust red mountain in the distance.

"What in the mother of all Cy-bugs is happening?" Ralph groaned. Vanellope and Hilda were leaning against either side of his head, laying on his shoulders.

"Something is going down at Mount Steep", Galacta said. "It seems the Zombies are pushing an offensive, but none of us know the specifics."

Marco hummed as he watched the army march by, while Star let out a loud yawn. Steve walked over to the army, and Jenny just sighed and rolled her eyes. I stretched one more time and walked away from the group, heading down one of the trails. I took a deep breath as I took in my surroundings, letting the sunlight hit my face. I closed my eyes, and just then I could feel the presence of someone else joining me. I opened one of my eyes, and smiled when I saw Gladius hovering next to me.

"Want to check out the town, Gladdy?" I asked my sword. He nodded.

"Neighbourville is a place that will be rich with history", he said, "So I'd like to see what we could find. Isn't that right, Alfur?" I then finally noticed the tiny elf on the sword's hilt, notebook grasped tightly.