Forgotten Wild Rabbits

It was a complete whiplash. One moment we're watching Rabbids work away at their time travelling washing machine, Barranco squawking angrily every time they'd fish him back in whenever he tried to leave.

But now I was ducked behind a boulder with Barranco and Hilda as Majima unloaded a full AK-A7's clip into the large crown of freakish Rabbid look-a-likes as they flooded from the washing machine.

"RRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Majima roared as he continued to unload his bullets like a hose. Jenny and Steve were copying his awe-inspiring plan, firing their own projectiles into the crowd to help terrified Rabbids escape. Ralph and Galacta were off to the side tussling with the initial large Rabbid with the mask, the beast putting up more of a fight than expected.

"What the heck are we supposed to do?" Ruby asked frantically.

"We do battle with these beasts", Izzy barked in a sophisticated tone. She used mud to mark her face, and unleashed a war cry as she charged into the fray.

"Yeah, no", Manolo said in a deadpanned tone. He faced me and those of us who were not too keen on fighting. "We'll cover you guys. Get out of here, we'll catch up." Maria unsheathed her sword, and gave me a determined glare.

"Good call, Sanchez", Gladius said firmly. "C'mon, all of you!" The living sword led me, Ruby, Iris, Flowey, Hilda, Vanellope, Barranco and Alfur away back towards the forest as Manolo, Maria, Star, Marco, The Powerpuff Girls, Twig and Maple joined in with the brawl.

It was at this moment I realised Zomboss was absent, but I got my answer immediately as he ran past my group at break-neck speeds.

"Zomboss?!" I cried.

"RUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!" He screamed as he vanished into the trees with the Rabbids. I was left horribly confused, only to hear a monstrous roar from behind. Looking over my shoulder, I saw two more giant masked squeeze out of the washing machine. And just behind them was a swarm of the freaky Rabbid look-a-likes.

"Okay, yeah, no", Vanellope wheezed out in a panicked tone. "I'm gone! C'mon Hilda!" She grabbed the blue-haired girl's hand and began to glitch away, the rest of us screaming in terror as we followed suit. Even when we made it into the forest, we kept running as the familiar white furred Rabbids frantically scrambled away in all directions. A few of the grey Rabbids were trickling into the woods, chasing after Barranco's own kind.

"This is bad!" Barranco yelled, ducking under a low branch. "We need to find a way to stop these freaks before they overrun everywhere!"

"How are we supposed to do that?!" Alfur said, gripping onto Hilda's beret for dear life.

"If I can get to the washing machine", Zomboss began as he fired his heat ray as a small cluster of grey Rabbids, "I can probably not only shut it down but reverse the effects. All these hostile creatures will go back to wherever they came from."

"Good idea, Zomboss!" Gladius cheered. "But we'll need a plan. Let's head back to camp and wait for the others." We all nodded at him, and we all ran back to camp. Despite the Rabbids that were frantically running around us, we pushed on till we made it to the road. It was much calmer than the forest, but the distant sounds of the beach brawl echoed through the air, which made me frown.

"I hope the others are okay..." I said quietly.

"I'm sure they are, Caleb", Gladius said reassuringly. That helped, but only a little bit. Zomboss calling my name brought me back to our task at hand, and I dashed right back to his side, and all of us as a group ran as fast as we could back to our camp.

~X~

The run back to our base of operations was fairly uneventful. Despite the occasional sighting of the hostile grey Rabbids, none of them moved to attack us. It was fairly refreshing, but not reassuring, as it only made me fear what they were doing.