Creative Collection

I felt something poke my side, kicking me from my slumber. I grumbled and swatted at the perpetrator, earning a chuckle in response. The poking continues, and I reluctantly open my eyes, facing who else but Gladius.

"What?" I snapped. Gladius made a motion akin to rolling his eyes.

"Don't be all snippy at me", he scolded, "You slept for so long, two days in this world have passed. Steve came by earlier to see what was taking you so long, and he had a good laugh at how I told him you were still sleeping."

"Well I've had a stressful few days, okay?" I snapped again. Gladius floated back a bit, but didn't flinch. I let out a sigh. "Sorry, I just hate getting woken up by anything that isn't myself."

Gladius hummed. "Understandable." He pulled out a cooked chicken and a bucket. "This is your breakfast, so eat up." I grumbled in response, but took the food regardless. I brought the flat sprite food to my mouth and ate it reluctantly. It was fine, but not the best. I slowly rose to my feet, much to Gladius' joy, and followed the sword out the room. At the end of the hall, the two of us were greeted by Steve.

"Nice to finally see you up, Caleb", The man said with a wave. I looked at him flatly. "I was actually coming to get you because I got something planned for today."

I cocked an eyebrow in curiosity. "What do you have in mind?"

"You'll just have to follow and find out", he said smugly. I looked at Gladius in confusion, but the sword just shrugged back. I shook my head and followed Steve through his home till we walked outside to a large courtyard that was surrounded by a high wall. In the middle of the yard was Ralph, Vanellope and Jenny. The racer was running around with two dogs and a cat, while the wrecker and robot watched from a bench with a large smile on their faces. As Steve approached, they turned to us and waved.

"Finally decided to wake up, Caleb?" Jenny said with a smug smirk. I huffed in annoyance, but returned a smile regardless. Despite only being with everyone (minus Steve) for what could be a few days, it felt like we could make these playful jabs at each other. Ralph let out a hearty laugh.

"Seriously, kid", Ralph said with a smile, "No matter where we are, you seem to saw logs like crazy." I felt my face flight up in embarrassment, taking a seat between my two taller friends. Steve walked off to the side towards a bunch of chests, Gladius joined Vanellope, and I remained curled up in embarrassment. Jenny wrapped an arm over my shoulders and hugged me close, my embarrassment slowly leaving. I looked over at Steve and watched as he pulled out a bunch of random blocks, doors, fences, and other miscellaneous objects. I raised a brow at him, and that drew everyone else's attention to the block man.

"Hey, Steve?" I said, "What are you doing?"

Steve turned back to me, his eyes reflecting his pride. "I was thinking of showing you guys how to build! 'Cause I can tell you guys are fairly new here." The five of us all shared awkward looks, then looked back at Steve with sheepish smiles, nodding in agreement. "Exactly. So I'm going to let you guys use whatever you want to build whatever you want." He tossed some stacks of oak planks at me, and I caught them easily. "So, pick what you want. I'll mark each of you an area." He pulled out some sort of red block and began to divide the yard into quarters. Me and the others all shared looks, then shrugged.

"Well, this'll be one heck of a day", I said, sight giddiness in my voice. "Building whatever we want? Sounds fun."

"I don't know...", Ralph began with a hand rubbing the back of his neck, "I'm not the best when it comes to building things. Vanellope's kart barely survived our...last visit to the kart bakery."

"Don't sell yourself short, Ham-Hands", Vanellope interjected, "That kart was perfect." She paused, her smirk falling. "Although the mess we left was...yeeeeeaaaah..." Vaqnellope cringed at the memory of all the 'Decorating' jars smashing against each other and spilling everywhere. Jenny cocked an eyebrow.