Braniac Megalomaniac

Time felt like it became still as me, Gladius and all the others stared in silent shock at our mind controlled friends. Jenny and Majima gave us empty looks as their eyes glowed with Zomboss' signature colours. The maniacal Zombie scientist gave all of us a twisted grin as he was flanked by a dozen of his troops on each side.

"I'll make this easy for you all", Zomboss said. "Either you just give up now, or you make this more of a mess it needs to be."

"As if, you old fart!" Vanellope yelled, "We didn't come all this way to lose our friends!"

"Yeah, so you can shove your ego up your butt!" Star shouted.

I steeled my gaze past my possessed friends to Zomboss, and delivered him a harsh glare. "Ralph, Star, you two help me and Gladius deal with Jenny and Majima. Everyone else, go to town on every Zombie here."

"Right!" Everyone shouted in response. Maple hopped onto Galacta as he rushed into the fray, a comical fight cloud erupting as the gang brawled with the Zombies. I stood strong with Ralph, Star and Gladius as our mind-controlled friends vacantly stared back at us. Zomboss, seemingly realising he was vulnerable, pulled out a whistle and blew it. Flying through the window we smashed was his hovering cockpit, piloted by his pet zombie hedgehog Mr.Stubbins. The spiked rat flew the pod down, and Zomboss jumped in. He took over controlling it, out of the bottom jerked out a satellite dish. The orb at the end began to blink purple, and our friends snapped to attention. Both Jenny and Majima then took up battle stances.

"Hope you're ready to cream your friends!" Zomboss taunted. "You two, destroy!" He pressed a button on the pod's console, and that set Jenny and Majima off. They both lunged at the four of us. I grabbed Gladius' handle and he swerved me out of the way, Star jumped to the side, and Ralph remained unmoving as they both crashed into him. He quickly retaliated by grabbing both of them with an arm each, hugging them tightly as they struggled to free themselves.

"Star, blast that stupid dish!" I barked, pointing at the device. Zomboss' confident smile faded and was replaced with one of pure terror as Star charged up her wand. She unleashed several Narwal Blasts at the Zombie leader, who frantically flew around in every direction in an attempt to dodge. He screamed all the time, but Jenny and Majima freed themselves from Ralph's grasp by simultaneously headbutting the wrecker in the face. He wailed in pain as our two friends turned their attention to Star to protect Zomboss. They both charged at the magic princess.

"Star, look out!" I cried, fruitlessly reaching my hand out to her. She quickly spun around and ducked under her two attackers, and they both collided with several computers. Star resumed blasting at Zomboss while me, Gladius and Ralph all tried to keep our possessed friends occupied. Jenny was the first to recover, and made an attempt to lunge at Star again, only for Ralph to grab her leg and throw her away. While that was happening, I was using Gladius to do battle with Majima, doing my best to block the onslaught he was unleashing onto me. He was slashing his knife around wildly, and I was beginning to struggle. Majima was just too tough. I could feel the wall I was backing up against getting closer and closer as my friend didn't let up. Ralph was sadly occupied with Jenny, the two of them battling above all of us.

"Caleb, focus on Goro!" Gladius yelled. I snapped my attention back to the eyepatched man, and just barely blocked a powerful knife swing. It was just too late, however, as Gladius was knocked right out of my hand. He landed under a desk, and a stray Imp Punt demolished it and buried him under a bunch of wreckage. I fell onto my bottom as I narrowly dodged another knife slash. Majima then stared at me with his vacant gaze and held up his knife. I felt my heart lodge into my throat.

"Oh no you don't, Cyclops!" Vanellope suddenly yelled. She, Hilda and Twig all pounced onto the knife wielding maniac. The two girls pulled his hair while the deerfox bit down on his leg. He remained silent as he flailed around in an attempt to shake his attackers off. This gave me a chance to dash away and start digging through the rubble for the talking blade. But I was interrupted when Majima's knife whizzed past my head and stabbed into a plank of wood. I spun around and pressed up against the rubble fearfully as I watched the man grab the girls and deerfox and toss them off of him. They flew into desks like ragdolls, and my friend stomped over to me. I braced for the inevitable, but a loud crash brought all the chaos to a screeching halt. Everyone faced Zomboss' pod, and I quietly gasped when I saw what had happened.