BWAAAAAHHHH!!!

I decided to take this trip through the portal to catch up on some sleep. I leaned back and laid down on Jenny's back as we all coasted through the portal with ease. It honestly felt... too calming.

"Gladius?" I called out to my friend. "Shouldn't we worry about something happening, like another quake?"

The sword, who was flying level beside the wrecker, made a no motion. "We got extremely unlucky with that, as those are usually very rare. Also, I am not sensing anything else, so we are all fine."

A certain yakuza scoffed. "Yeah right. I'm just gonna wait and see when a kitchen sink flies out and smashes me in the face."

Maria, who was with him, Manolo and Zomboss in the zombie's pod, rolled her eyes. "You really need to lighten up, Majima. Not everywhere we go will be like, as you would say, 'hell incarnate'."

Goro shot a sharp look at her, and the two of them started a hushed argument. Zomboss grunted and rolled his eyes, and Manolo chuckled with a head shake.

Jenny, who had Izzy and Twig on her back, coasted over next to me. "Tired of all our bad luck?"

I nodded subtly at Flowey, who was still in his pot atop Ralph's head.

"Yeah... same here."

"I don't know why that's such a big deal to you guys", Izzy added, "I mean, it's been fun! We've fought against giants, a swarm of gremlins, supervillains, and even the weather!"

I gave her a flat look. "Exactly."

She just waved off my worry and did a backflip off Jenny, starting her own flight like she was diving. I rolled my eyes and relaxed back into my comfortable sleep. Despite the noise, as I nodded off it almost seemed to quiet down, until everything fell into complete silence. It was oddly comforting, as I slept, a dream began to form into my head. From what I could make out, it looked like all of us were riding in a... washing machine? Weird. But then I heard the loud, screeching cry that forced me out of my sleep.

"BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

I jolted away, just as we were swallowed by the light at the exit.

~X~

I gripped onto the back of Ralph's overalls as we all exited the portal and fell down to the ground towards a hill. Ralph landed stiffly, stumbling a bit as he adjusted to the soft ground. Everyone else followed shortly after, and I walked out in front of the group as we looked around. On top of this hill, I could see a distant city popping against the green hills and forests. But when I turned to the right, I saw what looked to be a junkyard of sorts, with a makeshift ramp of some kind that aimed straight up.

"Wonder what that's about..." Ruby said quietly to me as she looked at the odd structure.

I shrugged. "Well, whatever it is, it's not important. Let's just head to the city and get a lay of the land." I led the group towards the metropolis in the distance, but as we hiked along, I couldn't help but feel like we were being watched. Glancing to my left subtly, I saw some distant bushes rustle, so I sped up my pace. Not before long, we reached the city, and it was probably as generic as you could get.

"Well, hopefully this isn't anything like Townsville", Marco said hopefully. He quickly winced and passed the Powerpuff Girls a guilty look. "Uhhh, no offence."

Blossom shrugged, Bubbles giggled, and Buttercup rolled her eyes with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes with a quiet laugh and led the group as we headed down the street. Some citizens waved at us, and most of us waved back.

"Kinda surprised how chill everyone is with us..." Steve quietly mumbled at me.

"That's when you know there's more to this world than it seems..." I mumbled back, eyeing my surroundings carefully.