The Runaways ; Eight

Song : Don't by Bryson Tiller

Cher

"Hey baby, have you seen my phone?" Jack asked as he walked down the stairs.

I shook my head. "No, why? Are you accusing me of looking through it? If that's the case I have not seen it and I was not looking through it."

"I never said you had it," he scoffed. "I only asked if you have seen it. What the hell is your problem?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. You are the one who has a problem not me."

"What problem? I don't have a problem, Cher."

I scoffed. "Oh, please. You have a serious problem. Who is Richard and why is he calling you baby? Are you gay? Is that why you're always on your phone because you're texting you boyfriend Richard?"

"I knew it!" he exclaimed and looked down at me. "I knew that you went through my phone. Do you not trust me, Cher?"

I let out a little sigh. "Of course, I trusted you, Jack. Note the '-ed' in trusted, as in, past tense. Meaning, that I used to trust you. I really did but recently, I haven't been so sure. So I went through your phone. Who's Richard?"

"This is why I don't love you anymore!" he exclaimed. "And her name is not Richard, it's Lissa. I love her way more than I ever loved you, if we're being honest here."

i was awoken by someone shaking me. "baby are you okay? you were screaming and crying." it was jack.

I was awoken by someone shaking me. "Baby, are you okay? You were shaking and moving around a lot. Is everything alright?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I lied. "It was just a bad dream, it's okay."

"Want to talk about it?"

I sighed and rubbed a hand through my hair. "It didn't really make sense, everything was just happening all at once. It was a big blur, I don't know."

"Baby, don't worry about it," he smiled lightly at me. "That's all it was, a dream. It wasn't real."

And hopefully it never will be.

A girl's biggest lie is "I'm fine" and "I was asleep that's why I didn't text back."

I know this bc I'm a girl :)