The Runaways ; Twenty-Six

Cher

"How are you feeling?" Dylan asked as I sat down in my regular seat in front of him. I just shrugged like I always do which caused him to sigh. "Come on, Cher, talk to me."

The truth is, I can't answer his question because I'm not even sure how I feel. I miss Jack but at the same time, I don't. I still love him but I'm trying not to. It's always confuses me. When I see him, I still get butterflies but not as much as I used to. I feel like I'm falling out of love with him.

"I feel fine," I shrugged as I opened my textbook to the page that was written on the board and began reading.

Every few minutes, Dylan would ask how I was doing and I was really starting to get annoyed but I just ignored all of his questions. I continued to read the section when I was interrupted yet again.

"Dylan, stop!" I exclaimed as I raised my voice. "I don't want to talk about it so stop asking me! It's also really none of your business, so can you just leave me alone?"

The whole class was now staring at me but I didn't even care. All I wanted was to run home and into Jack's arms but I couldn't. I can't give in so easily this time.

Jack

Cher ran through the front door with tears staining her cheeks. She didn't even say anything to anybody, she just ran upstairs and slammed the bedroom door shut. I furrowed my eyebrows together and quickly ran up the stairs after her.

"Bab- Cher, are you okay?" I asked as I quietly knocked on the door. I haven't called her Cher in so long, it felt weird.

I heard her sniffle. "I'm fine, just leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it."

"Can you open the door please?" I asked as I rested my hands against the door frame. I heard her feet shuffle against the floor. I heard a small click and the door opened. I looked up and saw her eyes were all red and puffy.

I tried to resist it but I just couldn't. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I looked in her eyes. "What happened? Whose ass do I need to beat?"

"Whatever it is that you're going through, you will be okay," I continued speaking as I hugged her. "Everything will be okay."