The Runaways ; Thirty-Six

Jack

I could not believe what I just fucking heard. I knew that he was bad news, I knew he would pull some bullshit and I am going to fucking kill his ass for it.

No one is going to lay their hands on my girl. It doesn't matter if we're together or not, she's my girl and she always will be my girl. She doesn't deserve that shit from anybody, she deserves so much better than that.

***

"What are you guys doing here?" Dylan asked rudely as he opened his front door. "Why the hell are you guys at my house?"

I glared at the boy. "We came here to talk," Johnson stated which caused Dylan to roll his eyes.

I pushed past Johnson and came face to face with Dylan. I just wanted to punch him in the face and beating the living shit out of him but I remained calm. Dylan smirked at me. "How's Cher doing? Is she being a good little girl? I miss her, I might go over later and see her later."

"Do you think it's okay to lay your hands on a woman?" I heard Nate ask from behind me. "There is no way in hell that yiu're going over there after what you put her through. You will not go anywhere near her, I don't think so."

Dylan let out a little chuckle. "She told you, huh? That little bitch. Looks like I'm going to have a talk with her about that lat-"

I cut him off by punching him square in the mouth. This asshole doesn't even care and that's when all hell broke loose.

***

"Oh my God," Cher gasped loudly as we walked through the front door. "Are you guys okay? This is all my fault, I should have never let you guys go over there. I feel so bad-"

"Cher, we're fine," Johnson cut her off with a chuckle. "If you think we look bad, you should see Dylan."

We all had cuts and bruises all over our faces but I really didn't mind. He got what he deserved.

Out of all of us, I had the most bruises and cuts since I was the closest to Dylan and it was pretty obvious that I was the one he was after. "Cher, can I talk to you for a minute?"

She nodded and I grabbed her hand to take her upstairs to her room. Surprisingly, she didn't pull her hand away from mine. 

God, it's been a while since I've been in here. It still looks the same minus all my stuff is gone. "How are you doing?" I asked as I took a seat on the edge of her bed.

She shrugged and sat down next to me. "I'm doing fine. How about you? How are you doing?"

"I'm sorry," I sighed and shook my head. "I am so sorry for everything, Cher. For cheating on you, for breaking up with you over something so stupid. I am sorry. If I never broke up with you, we would have still been together and you wouldn't have ever went out with Dylan and you wouldn't be in this situation. I'm sorry."

The more that I thought about it, the more clear it became that this is in fact all my fault. I made such a huge deal about her kissing him that I broke up with her and since I broke up with her, she gave Dylan a chance which resulted into her being in pain.

It's all my fault. All of our relationship problems were because of me, not her. She rarely ever did anything wrong. We always broke up because of something that I did. It's all my fault that her heart was broken so many times. All of this is on me.

"Jack don't be," she shook her head. "This isn't your fault, it's mine. I should have never kissed Dylan, if I didn't, we wouldn't be in this situation. We would still be together. We would still be happy. But it did happen and we broke up. I wish I could take it all back but I can't. I deserved everything he did to me because I did you wrong."

I shook my head and looked at her. "Nah, nah, nah. Don't say that. You kissing Dylan wasn't even that big of a deal but I made a mole hill out of an ant hill. Don't ever think that what Dylan did to you was your fault and don't think that you deserved it. Nobody deserves to be treated that fouly. Especially not my girl, okay? It's nobody's fault but his."

She looked down at her lap and started to play with our hands that were still intertwined together. I placed my free hand under her chin, lifting it up to look at me. "Hey, look at me," I sighed. "It's going to be okay. Everything will be alright. I'm here now, okay? I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again and that's a promise."