The Runaways ; Eighteen

Song :  Le Dije Al Corazón by Duelo

Cher || Two Months Later

I was laying down with Jack as we were both watching some random ass TV show in our room. "I want to go back to school," I stated out-of-the-blue as I looked over at Jack. "I never graduated and one day, I might actually want to go to college."

"High school?" Jack asked, I nodded. "Babe, are you sure? High school wasn't boring to you? Why would you want to go back to that hell hole?"

I shrugged. "Well, yeah, it was boring as hell but I just want to go to graduate and then I can go to college and persue an actual career. I think it'd be good for me to at least go back and get my diploma, right?"

"Alright, if you really want to, go for it," he sighed. "I love the fact that you want to go back and get an education for yourself, though. I'm proud of you baby, we'll enroll you at the end of the summer."

***

"So I heard that you want to go back to school, is that true?" Sam asked as he arched his eyebrow in question. 

I groaned lightly. "Yes I do, none of us graduated and I want to go back. I don't want to be known as the high school dropout for the rest of my life. I think it'd be good for me, you guys should go back too. It'd be good for all of us."

"Nah, I'm good," Nate laughed.

"Actually, I graduated high school," Johnson states. "A long time ago. Therefore, I am the only one in the house who graduated. Damn, I feel like I accomplished something."

I let out a little sigh. "Okay, well, then I will become the second one to have graduated in this house. I don't want to be a high school drop out! What am I supposed to do when I want to get a job that requires at least a high school diploma? Shit, even McDonald's is going to have it where you need a high school diploma to work there!"

I pulled out my phone in frustration and texted Jack.

[ Cher ] : You told everybody? Seriously, dude?? I didn't want everyone to know right now, thanks a lot.

[ Jack ] : Fuck, babe, I'm sorry. I will make it up to you tonight, I promise.